bumper trouble

pete-r

can anyone tell me an easy way to get off the bumper?i cant seem to find the fasteners due to the lack of space in the engine bay also i dont have any way of lifting the front end of the car.thanks

Keira

there are 2 screws/bolts, 12 or 10mm, cant remember as i always use a long screw driver, 1 at each end up in the wing, pull the splash gaurd out the way and you'll see them, other than that detatch the brake ducts, think its 3 bolts on each , should get them from underneath without getting the car in the air, then just carefully pull it off, trying not to break the tags that hold it into the bumper bar,

if it doesn't come off i've forgotten something :roll: :wink: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There are no fastners in the engine bay as far as I remember. Chances are some of the screws on the wheel arch liner will be rusted in place and shear off, so maybe try and help them along abit with some wd40 or similar. Other than that Kieron's covered it all.

Mr GTiR

kieron said:
trying not to break the tags that hold it into the bumper bar
I think these were design to break on contact as i've broke both off mine.

Kieron has covered everything.

I'm turing mine into a quick release front bumper as i have to take it off the dame car so many times!!

Keira

Mr GTiR said:
I'm turing mine into a quick release front bumper as i have to take it off the dame car so many times!!
:lol: thats what i call mine, undo 2 screws, give it a tug and its off 8)

Mr GTiR

lol i'm just going to put clips on my wings and flip them off that way :p

bloody bumpers.................