Broadband

turbo_boost

is tiscalli broadband any good any one using thsi any problems as im thinking of getting teh 2mb one anyone recommend any other broadbands??

Stevo

Go cable as they garrantee your connection speed. im on 10meg with blueyonder no bandwidth limit all for £35.00, All other company get there services through BT. and you have to be a certain distance from exchange to get quoted connection, With cable you dont :wink:

Mr GTiR

I have this problem now. Just moved into a brand new house and had BT fit a line. Went to get 2 meg broadband with Pipex but was told the line is not good enough.

Looking around for another provider.

I’ve been recommended Zen, Freedom2Surf, MetroNet, and Eclipse. Anybody know much about this lot?

Stevo

As stated all theses company's pipex yahoo freedom2surf use BT lines so whatever happens quality will be the same. unless the provider you choose has a better contention ratio and not as many customer in ur exchange. best think to do is ring them all up and see what they offer.

Mr GTiR

Stevo said:
As stated all theses company's pipex yahoo freedom2surf use BT lines so whatever happens quality will be the same. unless the provider you choose has a better contention ratio and not as many customer in ur exchange. best think to do is ring them all up and see what they offer.
If that's the case i may as well use BT broadband....any comments lads?

turbo_boost

well i just signed up for tiscalli 2 meg broadband hope its good

what is this all bout cable i dont understand it i just got a bt line installed so went for tiscalli

what the difference of getting a cable line

Uncle Winnet

im with tiscalli been with them for nearly 2 years only been down once in all that time ive got the 2meg con but it con at 2.5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

john

Stevo

If that's the case i may as well use BT broadband....any comments lads?[/quote]
Yes try BT but you may find there sub suplliers do a better deal, basically you want min of 2meg for no more then 19.99 with free webspace. Then your be laughing.

turbo_boost said:
well i just signed up for tiscalli 2 meg broadband hope its good

what is this all bout cable i dont understand it i just got a bt line installed so went for tiscalli

what the difference of getting a cable line
Cable is an optic fibre cable thats runs direct from the cable supply office, i.e Blueyonder or NTL.
The cable then runs directly to an ADSL modem, which works at any distance from its main supply.
BT run there broband through your telephone line, so if your line is old it will need replacing, maybe at cost to you!!, if you live 1 mile from your BT exchange you should get a good connection, if you live 4 miles or more they wont give you high speed broadand as signal will be to week.

turbo_boost

i see what u mean well i cant get ntl broadband in my area so i think i wont be able to get cable right know

well i have 14 days to see whether im happy with tiscalli so lets see what happens