Breather valve...idle:-<

J

jasegould

In the process of trying to sort my idle ive found that if I clamp off the large breather pipe coming out of the osr of the rockercover i can hear a valve click and the idle goes to 900 rpm, anyone know anything about this pipe/valve :?: im assuming that its a valve so that when the engine comes on boost it doersnt blow into the rocker cover??

Shaun

:D Hi jase,think thats called the air blow-by-pipe,if you pinch it and your revs rise,then you have an airleak :shock:

A

Anonymous

I was reading in the manual the other day, about the reason for a constant high idle, but im fucked if i can remember what the cause was and how to fix it, (will have another read and post it up here tonight)
i do know from the manual a faulty exhaust tempsensor,thingi, (not sure if they were meaning 02 sensor or not, but when they showed a diagram of where the sensor was they pointed and said under car....)contributed to alot of little running faults though........
Luke...

J

jasegould

Luke, if you could do that it would be great, ive got the code for the air flow mwter coming up but ive changed that, and ive just removed, cleaned and tested the idle control valve and that is ok but it still idles high.
Hi jase,think thats called the air blow-by-pipe,if you pinch it and your revs rise,then you have an airleak
I pinch it and my idle goes to normal :roll: :shock: :? i take it its to stop boost pressure escaping into the rocker cover?

Thing is it will idle fine sometimes and not others :roll:

MarkTurbo

gtir_luke said:
I was reading in the manual the other day, about the reason for a constant high idle, but im f***ed if i can remember what the cause was and how to fix it, (will have another read and post it up here tonight)
High idling is usually caused by an air leak on one of the vacuum hoses or from the inlet manifold area :wink: Either that or your idle speed just needs turning down :lol:

J

jasegould

Thanks for that, im pretty sure its not an airleak as i have had a good look for one, i think it may possibly be the dumpvalve, ill try a standard one back on there

Jay