Bought my new gtir tonight...

S

slammed_gtir

Well im buzzing love the car to bits its exactly what i was hoping for puts a smile on my face.
Need to sort a couple of things on it tho any advice would be appreciated...

Theres a slight leak from one of the drive shaft oil seals from the gear box

Needs a new cv boot fitted

brake pads need replaced

other then that im loving it let the mods begin

antgtir

Remember this happy feeling.........its the last time for a very long time lol:lol:

Has the engine been out recently? or the gearbox off?

The seals generally only start to weep or leak if the shafts have been taken out i.e. engine / gearbox out or it could just be wear and tear.

Not 100% sure you are able to change the seal without having to strip the engine / box down. Do a search see if there are methods of changing etc.

If you know a bit about mechanics, doing the CV Boot and Brake Pads should be a doddle, i feel a big brake conversion coming on already:lol:

Enjoy,

Ant.

O

Odin

antgtir said:
Not 100% sure you are able to change the seal without having to strip the engine / box down. Do a search see if there are methods of changing etc.

I think the driveshaft seals are just push in like the crank pulley one ;-) , I wouldn't make sense for Nissan to do them any other way, So it should just be a matter of pulling out the driveshaft and changing the seal.....

Rob

S

slammed_gtir

Its had a professional engine rebuild around 3000 miles ago

I

Im an egotistical tosser

snap - I got mine yesterday - let the fun begin

P

Pete

how can you say its all down hill from here aimee ant hasnt had much problems with his R has he its only the ones with big horse and mess with there R that have all the problems keep it standard and you should be ok well better then the big boys plus remember its a 15 years old car aswell so its expected things going wrong

S

S.J

Thunder God said:
I think the driveshaft seals are just push in like the crank pulley one ;-) , I wouldn't make sense for Nissan to do them any other way,
these are the guys that put an intercooler in the hottest place they could, an fit bicycle brakes to a 2ltr turbo, nothin would suprise me! :D

houghy_1

S.J said:
these are the guys that put an intercooler in the hottest place they could, an fit bicycle brakes to a 2ltr turbo, nothin would suprise me! :D

Quality:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt

S

slammed_gtir

Pete said:
how can you say its all down hill from here aimee ant hasnt had much problems with his R has he its only the ones with big horse and mess with there R that have all the problems keep it standard and you should be ok well better then the big boys plus remember its a 15 years old car aswell so its expected things going wrong
Its ok mate im used to driving older performance cars and im expecting things to go wrong.

houghy_1

I wouldnt say that there overprone to be breaking cos id say the majority dont have any real problems.
The only problems ive ever had was a blown turbo elbow gasket,
and small things like window regulator cable snapped(15 years of use aint bad!) thats it.

Oh i have changed my clutch to an RPS Max steet clutch
but that was only after a day of hard launching at 5grand at the pod caused it to slip like a b1tch:lol: 8)

Matt