bought a pulsar yesterday-some problems

gtir bean

hi,i just bought myself a pulsar yesterday but on the way home the clutch peddal went realy light and i couldnt disengage the clutch.there was some fluid on top of the box so i reckon its the rubber hose at the slave cylinder.i adjusted the pedal today so i can get max travel but it only disengages (just) when my foot is on the floor.the shift fork on the box is not loose and seems to move fine but its as if its not moving far enough.any other ideas?also the idle is way high.the screw is right in also and i cant see anything obvious.any help would be great.i just want to get it running sweet for when i get it insured in a few weeks.thanks

J

jasegould

If u have fluid on top of the box then you have a leak, sort the leak before doing anything else.....could be the master, slave or hose. If either of the cylinders has been drained then you might need to replace them (just speaking from experience).

Idle prob could be air leaks, little rubber gromits missing from the throttle bodies, clogged IACV or dump valve, amongst other things

gtir bean

nope.its deff not the master cylinder,i was rolling about down there to adjust the height of the pedal.im pretty sure its the flexi hose or the slave cylinder.any idea where to get a flexi hose and how much?

J

jasegould

Nissan sell parts for Pulsars............... :roll: :wink:

Or try any motor factors.

Search for MJP autos aswell, they sell them or you could try and get a braided one from somewhere...not sure where tho

A

Anonymous

are u sure the clutch leaver hasent snapped off in the box cos thats wot happened to me and it endid up costing me 600 quid

gtir bean

pretty sure,i mean i can get the clutch to disengage but only just and the fork is not loose at all.its just as if the slave cylider is not pushing the fork far enough,like there is air in the fluid.i have bled it but ill try again.i just hope its nothing serious,iv only done about 25 miles in the car.

Websnowbo

Just out of interest, did you take the pin out and detach the master cylinder from the pedal? If you put it in the wrong one you will damage the master cylinder and the pedal will be at the floor, I did this as a bodge when my clutch went at trax a couple of years ago as the pedal goes that little bit further but fooks the cap in the end of the master cylinder.

Sorry about the sh1ty diagram! But that is how the pedal looks ish.

gtir bean

i did notoce there was 2 holes.mine is in the higher hole,do you mean that if its in the lower hole it will have more travell?i thought about putting it on that hole but it did seem to be too far down to be any good for the piston.

Websnowbo

No no, dont put it in the other hole, i just wanted to check you hadnt put it in the wrong one already (Oh er)

It will fcuk the master cylinder if you do and the pedal will be like an on and off switch at the floor.