boost problem

turbodaily

right, just a quick rundown of the prblem. ive got a apexi avcr on my r which is set to run 1.1bar, it had been setup to be quite laggy so i decided to put the standard boost solinoid back on and dril a hole in it to run 1.1bar. (ran my old r like this for a whle without probs)
so i put the standard solinoid on,drilled a hole,took it for a run and it was boosting 0.5bar and rising up to 0.7bar at high revs,so i decided to drill a bigger hole,took it for a run and was still running the same boost...

so i plumbed the pipes back into the apexi solinoid. but now it runs 0.5 bar with the apexi

so i took the pipe off the actuator and slowly boosted it up and got it up to about 1bar,so theres no boost leaks present.

ive tried switching the 2 pipes around that go to the apexi solinoid,incase i got them wrong but no difference.

and ive checked for vac leaks but none present.

any ideas what it can be??

turbodaily

ive checked the 2 vac pipes that go to the solinoid wernt blocked,theyre ok.

come on guys help me out here,its doing my head in!

turbodaily

no, but it didnt have it there in the first place.

the car was running 1.1bar on the apexi, all i did was plumb the 2 pipes that went to the apexi back into the standard solinoid and drilled a hole in it to raise the boost, took it for a spin and it was running 0.5bar regardless to what sized hole it had drilled in it, so i decided to put the 2 pipes back onto the apexi solinoid,and it still runs 0.5 bar.....

well weird!

youngsyp

I'd re-do the Apexi plumbing again and start from scratch with the controller set up too. It's not a job that would take a lot of time.
Once you've confirmed the hoses are all going to the right places, turn all the extras on the AVC-R off (feed back, in gear learning etc...), set the boost to 1.1 kg/cm and the duty to 50% and take it for a spin. Get it in 4th and plant your foot until you get the three *'s for the duty figure, then set the rest up as before. That should get you what you want !

Just out of interest, what other mods do you have ? As I want to set mine up for 1.1 kg/cm too !

turbodaily

the thing is though it only wants to run 0.5 bar with the apexi,or with the standard solinoid, all i have done is played with 2 pipes. so i cant see what has happened?

the controller is still setup to run 1.1 bar so shouldnt need to touch it..

im running forged pistons,unichip,stage 1 turbo

turbodaily

just spent ages going over it,checking the settings on the avcr and noticed the option for 'sensor select' was on the wrong setting
dont remember touching it but i obviously did
got my 1.1bar of boost back now. ahhhh