Boost pressure

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
a fair bit until the engine blows itself to pieces
I suppose technically it keeps going until you hit the top of the compressor map (which is just over 2 bar for a standard T28?) and then it makes no more, but for all intents and purposes I'll agree with that.

Last edited:
I thought it was supposed to boost to 2 bar, i also know it will go bang very quickly! I was just wondering because with the pipe off mine only boosts to 1.2 bar and then drops to 1 bar while accelerating! I just really dont want to take the actuator off, its hard work!

Trip

shouldn't the actuator open up depending on the spring it has, even if it has no vacuum in it ?

Empty Pockets

I ran 2bar on a standard engine and turbo for a month without it being mapped, Car never felt quick before and i had a forged engine waiting to go in so thought fuck it. Only used to take it to 6.5k and it never missed a beat, pure luck. I've never seen a turbo with as much play as the one we took off though. Was rapido and worth a months fun for the cost of an old turbo, although it should have cost me an engine lol. Funny thing is i had nothing but trouble with the forged engine i bought to replace it with, ended up doing an irish engine swap, took out a good one and replaced it with a shitter lol.

astarozna

I did a sprint in mine with disconected actuator pipe and after couple hundred miles more before i changd to 3071. Tuby was fine and engine as well and cheap boost gauge went up to 1.5 or so. I did had have a forged pistons and everything was balanced at the bottom.

Thanks for your help, Im hoping to run mine at 1.2 bar once i've put my front mount on, I should hopefully be alright then with the other mods i've got on! Just means I now have to take the turbo off again . . . . .Happy days!!