boost/hesitation

T

Timo

Well just of late ive started to get a small hesitation problem.

ie when given the car some beans change from 3rd quickly into 4 the engine will hesitate breifly when the throttle is put back down

also if say im in 4th at 4-5k in revs and i let of and re-aply the throttle it will hesitate

Ive done a fault code check which im getting code 55

also the car is over fueling slighty rich cloud of smoke can be seen when flooring it. had a friend follow me to see wot colour the smoke is. the result was slighty blue and smells badly of fuel. plus once hot everytime i let off theres a big flame.

could the probably be a dodgy lambda or maf?

Have done a compression test and all is perfect across all 4 wet and dry. driving temp is fine and oil pressure is fine

turbodaily

had this prob with mine and have never completly cured it although its 90% gone now. i changed the tps and it made a big difference. i checked the tps voltage before changing and it appeared normal which was weird.. also try the maf and getting your timing checked first.

T

Timo

cheers for the reply. been thinking about change the tps as the revs seem to stick now and again and sits all over the place. been doing it more of late.

if the timing was out wouldnt it of been the same since to day i had it? its only just started this year

is there any only shops that i can get a tps from?

Last edited by a moderator:

doggydowg

had same problem a few weeks ago try closing gap up on spark plugs i closed down to 6.5-7 from 8-9 and it now pulls sweet im running 12.5 psi on grade 8 plugs;-)

doggydowg

workd for me ive read of ppl going down as low as 5 try going down 1mm on gap and see only takes 10 mins if you got a topmount or if you got a fmi couple mins.