Boost Drop

GTI-R Nath

is it normal for the boost to drop slightly after fitting a front mount intercooler,

im just using the 1 bar loop at the moment but before i fitted the front mount the standard gauge would go past 7 mmHg on full boost, but now it stops just before 7mmHg

P

pulsarboby

thats because youve removed the restrictor pipe (has a green or purple band round it) close to throttle bodies
put it back and all will be fine

GTI-R Nath

is it a vacuum line i used a new pipe between the t piece and the throttle bodies, think iv chucked the old one in the bin too

GTI-R Nath

just had a look there is a pipe with a purple band after the t piece near the actuator but i cut it about 2 inches after the purple band and joined a new hose to it with a joiner, is this what's wrong

P

pulsarboby

yep itll only hit about 0.5 bar without the restrictor in place unless you have an aftermarket boost controller fitted

GTI-R Nath

the pipe with the putple band is still there and car still feels as fast as before, only thing thats changed slightly is the gauge reading,

P

pulsarboby

the pipe needs to be fitted off the plenum side of t piece ideally closer to the plenum as poss, plus make sure youve not cut the plastic restrictor thats fitted inside