booked car in for tailgate mod today,, opinions,,

• Thread starter stevenrsturbo@aol.com
  • Start date
S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

have booked in to have tailgate, flushed, wiper removed, and keyhole covered, etc.. and respray, with no plate relocated to rear bumper
has anyone heard of this done on a r before or any pics even,..
how you think it sounds,,

paz

Looks fu-cking g-ay and absolutely shi-te :roll:

Its an excellent way to ruin an R.

Paz

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

paz said:
Looks fu-cking g-ay and absolutely shi-te :roll:

Its an excellent way to ruin an R.

Paz
how is changing the worst looking bit of a good looking car, ?????

paz

First off I wouldn't describe the R as good looking. Most people would use the word ugly, I like to use the word purposeful.

Smooth boots are shite, they are the kind of thing I NEARLY did to my previous car (saxo :oops: :lol: :cry: :cry: ) but rejected it even then as Chav and shite :roll:

I just really think it looks barryboy and crap, I'm all for resprays - as you can probably tell :lol: but not body modifications like that to the R - I much prefer the outside standard.

At the end of the day though its your car, you just asked for opinions so you got it! ;)

Paz

O

Odin

I got rid of the wiper on mine when i had it resprayed, But only because i think the rear wiper on the gti-r is a compleat waste of time as it cleans f.oo.k all :roll: , But I think as the other's do about a de-plated tailgate, it looks very maxpower :roll: :cry: .

You also see so many other cars going around with it done that it's hardly a very inventive mod is it :roll: :!: .

your be after a set of lambo doors next :roll: :shock: .

rob

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

lol,, lambo doors,,
i d be happy with any door on a gtir that stopped wind gettin in and trying to open when bootin it,,

i just wanna see what it looks like, cos as said the back is fookin ugly in a big way,
i m anything but a lax flower kid , come end of day,, i m hopefull of it looking better than std,, and thats all i want,,

A

Anonymous

must say that i agree with almost every word from paz.

there's a pretend R in dundee with what you're intending doing and it looks $hite :cry:

as paz said "you did ask for opinions" so don't give us grief for giving ours :p

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

calm down,, who s givin grief,, ???
im just express what i am hoping for,,
i have nt told paz., yourself or anyone else to go and multiply with themselves in a dark room,, have i,..
i appreciate any and all feedback,, its what i am after and asked for,,
thanks

O

Odin

Yes oap-r leave the poor fellow alone what's he done to you :roll: :wink: .

We all know it's going to look 5hite but it's his car let him ruin if he wonts to :lol: .

rob

Fire & skill

Vintage member
well if its booked in and getting done as we speak then you obviously werent interested in opinions or you would have asked before! :lol: best bet is to get it done then post up some pics - at the end of the day it may not look too bad. not something i would do myself as i actually like the way my car looks from the back

A

Anonymous

stevenrsturbo@aol.com said:
calm down,, who s givin grief,, ???
very true :oops: i thought you were about to have a go as we all think your intended mod will look $hite

Z

zid336

yes i recently saw one at boxhill a white PUlsar (wannabe) not a real R!! he had it done it reminded me of a mk2 Twin cam didnt look good at all dont really recommend however if u want to be different then by all means go for it remember its your motor and what u do with it!!!!! :wink:

Don't do it!

Apart from anything, it'll de-value your R. Let's face it; they're depreciating quick enough as it is lately without doing batty modifications to them :shock:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Fire & skill said:
best bet is to get it done then post up some pics
Steven's obviously got a mature attitude to forums but do you think he likes being flamed? :lol: :lol:

May as well give him a sign that says kick me.

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

thanks,, mate,,lol
would go as far as to say mature attitude ,lol

also just because its booked it , it doesnt mean i made my mind up, just that i have a appointment,

thanks to ****** who pm d me a pic of his car with smoothed gate , i like it, he obviously doesnt want the abuse and being told you dont like his cars looks so as he pm d me and didnt reply on thread i ll keep his name to myself,,

i am simply looking to tidy the look of the car up and dont like the tailgate. and am gonna try something that not many people have,,

O

Odin

stevenrsturbo@aol.com said:
thanks to ****** who pm d me a pic of his car with smoothed gate , i like it, he obviously doesnt want the abuse and being told you dont like his cars looks so as he pm d me and didnt reply on thread i ll keep his name to myself,,

Go on name and shame :wink: then we can all take the pi55 out of his minger chaved up motor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As for not many cars haveing had this done :shock: you are haveing a laugh matey as any Mcdonalds on a saturday night will have a few chaved up saxo/golfs/nova or 205's with this dodgy mod in place :roll: :cry: .

but it's up to you fella, if you want young kids to point and laugh it's up to you :wink: ,And just wait till you get to JAE and we all start haveing a go 8) :lol: :wink: .

rob

T

Tug

you have to look at a car overall from a distance before you decide to do something like that. Every one has their own taste and style...but when you look at an R from most angles, there are lumps bumps and corners all over the place. People who do that mod normally have all the bodywork abd unnecessary lumps and bumps smoothed off so it all matches. I honestly think that if you had that mod done on its own, it would look like a crossbreed.... a rottweiler with the ass of a poodle if you know what i mean. Sorry mate thats just my honest opinion. :roll:

R's are Beeeaaauuuttttiiiiifffffuuuulllll as they are :lol: