Bonnet stick on number plates

M

memski

Does anyone know where I can go to get me one of these? Cheers.

Nad

Apparently there r now illegal so do check. I still got one from ages ago which I brought while places were still selling them, not many r now. Just gotta finish my bonnet on the Nova and get it on.

BTW just go and get a small plate made up, either shape to the new Jap regs. Should be small enough to fit somewhere on the bumper. Square is prefered cause atm SPECS can only read one line of info.

Nad

N

N1SMO

they are illegal as are all number plates that dont have the British standards stamp on it, i got shafted by the police and was made to take my standard size stick on number plate off the car.

M

memski

lol I got pulled over and told my square plate by the o/s brake vent couldn't be read by their cameras :roll: I asked if it was ok to have a bonnet mounted plate in the centre (no way I'm blocking off the fmic :twisted: ). He seemed ok with it but not sure what to do now :?

andygtir

did you get a fine or just warned. :?: if i were you i'd ignore it and only change it if i was forced to...threat of court appearance. a £30 fine here and there isnt anything to worry about, thats why ive still got the flamer kit on :twisted:

i'm surprised he didnt have anything to say about the ziggy!

other than that you could just get a legal one made up and keep it in the boot, claiming it just fell off!

if you want a stick on bonnet one any graphics shop should be able to accomodate you.

what about sticking it in the sunscreen?

M

memski

No fine or anything, matey was pretty cool. I coasted past when he flagged me down though :D

Websnowbo

Most Max Power sticker shops will make you one up.

I bought one for my MR2 a couple a years back which was reflective etc, it was about 3.49.

E

Edd

Well i had one on my bonnet for about 3 months, drove past loads of police, and have never been pulled over or anything.
They have them on MX-5's as standard

i got mine from GT Graphix, search google for website as im knackered

N

N1SMO

As i said if it does not have the British standards stamp and some sellers details, under the new law is illegal which any stick on plates i have seen dont have this, but might be available now

gtirpulsar

Yep they've been illegal for over a year now - illegal on mx-5s also.
But I've never had any comments about mine which has been on nearly 3 years now.

M

memski

Edd said:
Well i had one on my bonnet for about 3 months, drove past loads of police, and have never been pulled over or anything.
They have them on MX-5's as standard

i got mine from GT Graphix, search google for website as im knackered
Lol got email back from gtgraphix today:
No, that type of plate is now illegal.

Gary

Nad

memski said:
lol I got pulled over and told my square plate by the o/s brake vent couldn't be read by their cameras :roll:
Thats what I just said :wink: Thing is on Jap cars ur allowed what ever u want. If u got the front bumper cut out, square is all u can have really other wise ur blocking the FMIC which u tell them could cause the car to over heat and blow up :lol:

Also my stick on plate has a BS mark on it :lol: Made sure of that cause the same law stood ages ago. Better be allowed it cause have no space anywhere else.

Nad

M

memski

Am thinking of just putting a normal long plate onto the bottom of the bumer and screwing it onto the laguna splitter... or maybe I won't bother doing anything and leave it as it is :roll:

N

N1SMO

Nad said:
Thing is on Jap cars ur allowed what ever u want. If u got the front bumper cut out
having an import does not mean you can do whatever you want with the number plate it means that we can go to motorbike letter size and reposition the plate to some where in plane view on the front of the car

Nad

N1SMO said:
Nad said:
Thing is on Jap cars ur allowed what ever u want. If u got the front bumper cut out
having an import does not mean you can do whatever you want with the number plate it means that we can go to motorbike letter size and reposition the plate to some where in plane view on the front of the car
If u read what I typed u would have seen I meant it in the context as in square or rectanglar :roll:

Nad