Boiling up.!!!!!

J

justin666

Typical that problems arrise when its the week of the Jap show.!!!! :evil:

Basically after my trip to work this mornin i notice coolant leakin out on to the floor :( Its boiling up out of the expansion bottle thingy.! Thing is, the heaters work fine, the car runs fine, the water temp sits exactly in the middle of the gauge so im a bit confused as to whats causing it.!!?

Anyone got any ideas.? Is this the start of my Head Gasket loosin the will to live?

Help! :cry: :cry:

J..

J

justin666

Forgot to say, The oil seems OK aswell, No Mayo on the filler cap :?

Just been out t have another look and its stopped leakin but its now making gurging noises like there is air in the system. :(

J

J

justin666

dunno yet.. Will check that at lunch once its all nice and cold again. Assumin its low i take it that counld cause an air lock somewhere hence the leaking out the expansion bottle.?

J.

warringtonjack

Prob best to refill it up properly, using the bleed screw, then monitoring the level at the cap for a couple of hours, just to check if there is an obvious leak somewhere on the system.

J

justin666

rad was full :?

Just drove the car home and the water and oil temps stayed perfect and no smoke at all.!! she drove perfect.! Checked oil again and still no cream in there.! Confused.!!!

can you point me in the direction of the bleed screw please? :)

Also, When head gaskets go, do they just GO or can it be a gradual thing like im fearing in this case?

Cheers guys

J.

J

justin666

Been doing some thinking in an attempt to be in denial it mite be the head gasket.!!! :shock:

Just checked over the car again and noticed that when i squeeze the bottom rad hose there is a rattling noise comming from the thermostat housing.! Ive never noticed this before and ive had the rad out a few times recently due to changin the tubby and a new clutch. So, I was wondering, If my thermostat was buggered and broken and moving about in the housin, could this be what is causing the coolant blockage and causing the coolant to expand back into the bottle from the rad more than normal.????

Thermostat is cheaper that a head gasket so mite be worth a try. :)

Comments welcome..

J..

O

Odin

Yup it's worth a look at the stat, Pretty easy job and cheap lol.

The bleed bolt is just above the stat housing (top left if your looking at the engine) Has an arrow on it I seem to remember :wink: .

rob

J

justin666

Cheers for all the help guys :D Appreciate it.

Thermostat and water pump have now been ordered from Nissan so should get them tomorrow. Hopefully be able to get them in the car sat morning and then replace all the coolant and bleed it properly. plan is to then hack about all saturday afternoon to check everything is OK ready for Pod on Sunday :D Hopefully even get time to clean it :D

J..

Dooie Pop Pop

you wont want to change the waterpump in a couple of hrs :lol:
i agree with Jack, change the thermostat anyway and make sure you heater is set on hot when you bleed the system :wink: