Bodged?

E

eddylala

I bought my gtir yesterday knowing it wasnt running right. It was running rich, so much so you could smell the petrol whilst driving.
i had a look over it checked out all around the airflow meter, grounding etc then noticed where someone has fitted an induction cone there was a taped up hose which joins after the airflow meter I tried removing all the tape etc then started it up and it was much better hardly a backfire at all. Has anyone got any idea how it should all be piped or any ideas where else to look for the problem if this should be blanked off?

Or has anyone got an original air box I could try?:roll:

OZ-Racing

That could be the pipe which originally came from the re-circ dump valve :?
Have you got an aftermarket atmospheric dump valve?
If so, that pipe should be blanked. It would help if you could put a piccie up, we like piccies :-D

T

Trust-R

post the pictures, sounds like the pipe needs blocking off

E

eddylala

Where to start?

The pipe I was on on about is approx 26mm internal diameter ive blocked it off again now though because the air was going straight in un filtered.
I have also found out that the thermostat was stuck open, meaning that the engine was always cold, and not that the gauges wherent connected.
So now the temperature gauges for oil and water are back in operation. But still it runs rich suffering major backfiring and black smoke when it gets hot, well the smoke is there all the time it just pops more when hot.
I took the intercooler off to have a look at the spark plugs and found that inside the pipe work to the intercooler there is a thin covering of oil is this normal?
The smoke from the back is definatly black, not blue? And there are little black carbon deposits popping out to?

What order should I try replacing things?
Should I just get it pluged in and tested or not, as far as i can tell the local garages just guess any way?!

Has any one got an O2 sensor because all the local suppliers dont list them? Or can any one recommend where I can get one from?

E

eddylala

Spec

From what I can see the mods that have been done are,

Induction cone,
Exhaust,
Decat,

Tinted windows (has any one got standard ones that theyed like to swap? Please!)

Wheels (has any one got a good standard set of these as well?)

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

By the way im based near mold north wales.