BMW M5,Porsche 911,Skyline GTR,TVR.

pete-r

Out of these cars which would you pick as daily driver and why.Im after buying the wife something smart as she has suffered over the years (i bought her last fiesta for £150 :lol: ) with my obsession for more power.Im not allowed to modify it( :shock: :wink: ) but its also got to have some street cred when im back home.Where im at right now is leaning towards the M5.Id love the porsche but its the most expensive and i really need to put the money into my property,i wouldnt mind the skyline but i think we all know what would happen their :roll: and im not sure how the TVR would stand up to my wifes daily driving.
I think the M5 has a bit of everything,not too expensive(not the new model) has lots of grunt,well built,comfy and hopefully not the sort of car i want to "tinker"with.Plus i dont have to use indicators anymore and i get a free ticket to use "The BMW lane" :p
I just know your all going to say skyline :)

JIMMYBACK

m5 pete.......did you know theres a turbo kit for it that will take it over 750 bhp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

pete-r

JIMMYBACK said:
m5 pete.......did you know theres a turbo kit for it that will take it over 750 bhp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Your not allowed to tell me stuff like that Jimmy :twisted:
Please keep on topic. :wink:

JIMMYBACK

pete-r said:
JIMMYBACK said:
Your not allowed to tell me stuff like that Jimmy :twisted:
Please keep on topic. :wink:
sorry i thought it was on topic.....i found the m5 to beast a complete beast if needed to be but a comfortable ride to and from the shops as a daily ride.plus it has the added bonus of making thw wife believe you actually value her opion and buy her a decent car to drive around in :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: all the rest as nice as they are just sing"boy racer" to the wife :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

B

beastgtir

love e39 m5s - speed and luxury - plud resale value down the line wont be too bad because latest m5 has already been released.

no to porka as they just do not cut it anymore for me - newer models losing the prestige the 911 badge carries..

skyline is a money pit...

Jgti-R

pete, you know the minute you get beaten in a race with any of these cars you'll want to mod it! :wink:

the force is too strong in you! you must resist temptation!

sod the property, move into the gt3! :lol: :lol:

rayman75

if it was the new M5 i would go for that, i have always loved porches, but i would have a R34 Skyline.

antgtir

nismoboy said:
skyline r33 gtr :wink:

the m5 is nice but it has that bmw badge on it :D
2nd'd that piece of german crap can go a take a running jump lol (it only shouts down your ear every second your driving it) :lol: :lol:

Id still go for the R34, an absolute present classic mate cant go wrong even with a standard one :wink:

Ant.

pete-r

Jgti-R said:
pete, you know the minute you get beaten in a race with any of these cars you'll want to mod it! :wink:

the force is too strong in you! you must resist temptation!

sod the property, move into the gt3! :lol: :lol:
I was thinking a gt2 but the missus says that its an obscene amount of money to pay for a car and would rather pay the house off first.maybe one day :)
Still going for the M5 me thinks,something along the lines of this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-BMW-M5-BLACK_W0QQitemZ4606994267QQcategoryZ9837QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GINGA

Got to be the M5 does pretty much everything you could want from a car, another option would be the Audi rs4 8) (easy 450hp :wink: )

A

alfyboy

the M5 is a great all round car, loads of torque and very nice to drive but can be a bit of a handfull in the wet, can get very sideways even with the traction controll on. The RS4 or RS6 is alot more stable.
If your going to buy the M5 make sure it got a full history and has the correct engine oil in it (should be casrol 10w60) if this oil isnt used it can really cause problems.
Also listen for whirring noises from the engine when reving as the "vanos" unit might be on the way out and is very expensive to replace.
Phew, sorry for the long message, hope this helps,
cheers Alfy

pete-r

alfyboy said:
the M5 is a great all round car, loads of torque and very nice to drive but can be a bit of a handfull in the wet, can get very sideways even with the traction controll on. The RS4 or RS6 is alot more stable.
If your going to buy the M5 make sure it got a full history and has the correct engine oil in it (should be casrol 10w60) if this oil isnt used it can really cause problems.
Also listen for whirring noises from the engine when reving as the "vanos" unit might be on the way out and is very expensive to replace.
Phew, sorry for the long message, hope this helps,
cheers Alfy
Cheers Alfy,i thought only the z4 had vanos.Didnt a lot of the BM,s with vanos get recalled?which year/model should i be looking out for?

Pete

deank93

You get payed enough to look at cars like that for the misses and you've got guns too 8) i must be in the wrong line of work :(