bluetone dials too bright.

gtir bean

has anybody got any ideas on how to make them a bit dimmer?even on the low setting they are a bit bright in your face on a proper dark night.:roll:

A

AJ4

not a very easy option, but you can buy neutral density filters from a photographic shop ( plastic, can be cut with scissors ) to darken them ( kind of like sunglasses material, comes in all different 'brightnesses' from almost black to almost clear. )

do you have a circuit diagram of the control unit by chance ? should be able to do it electronically.

gtir bean

no diagram im afraid.i did think of using spray tint on the clear plastic cover but not too keen on trying that.

jsbuds

how about trying to fit a in-line variable resistor to the main dash light power if at all possible ?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How about using the brightness adjuster that came fitted in the kit... :lol:

Unless you forgot to fit that part...

Bluetone EL Dials and the AutoIllusion Reverse EL iDial kits all came with brightness adjusters... The Bluetone also let you change from Blue to Green...

Rishi

CruiseGTi-R

Install a 1000W interior light and keep it switched on, will make the dash lights appear dim in comparison.

Install a resistor.

lakeview

dont know? i got mine from someone one this site i think jamesarup was his username but i dont think hes been on here for quite a while