Bleedvalve

D

damien4uuk

I know there not really any good! before anyone tells me but its only going to on for a few weeks. The question is where does it go? I asume that the hose from actuator goes on it but which way round on the valve? Does the actuator hose go on the ajustable nipple of the valve? or one of the other two? Photos would be even more helpfull if ya have one. Thanks in advance.

O

oddbodd

kid it goes on the pipe from the actuator you are right but dont run no more then a bar or you will be crying hold the valve and turn it anti clock wise so it is closed. put it on and turn it bit by bit till you get a bar. Check the fueling cus this is what makes your engine pop not the boost

A

Anonymous

To be honest there is nothing wrong with a bleed valve as long as you can lock it in place. All electronic boost controllers work in just the same way as a bleed valve.

If you just want to get a quick install get under the bonnet and find the vacuum switching valve I've circled in this picture.

Pull the two pipes off the valve and connect one to each side of your bleed valve (if you have three ports on the bleed valve leave the bottom one open).

Now this removes the ECU control over boost which means you'll get full boost all of the time. Make sure the bleed valve is fully closed when you install it, and it will only take a fraction of a turn to increase the boost several PSI.

If your ignition system is in need for a service and you turn the boost up too high, it's one of the fastest ways to blow up your engine!

Happy boosting...