Black Paint

PulsarLee

Hiya everyone,

Right, ive decided to sort my rear arches out.......... my car is a 93 pulsar GTIR in black. Am i correct in thinking i can still get the paint ok?? could anyone tell me if there is a code / number i should specify? also anyone know best place to get some from?

Finally. lol are there any tips for doing the rear arches in terms of probs or tips?/

thanks

Lee

whytie

If I was you I would replace the rear arches with new ones. It's not that hard to sort them with filler and paint but you are better having them cut out and replaced. That way you can treat your inner arches with the likes of red oxide ect then have new arches put on and they should last of a good while instead of having to do them again the following year.

shroom

take the rear door cards out and have a look down on the seam and were the inner and outer meet eachother, water comes in from the window seal and pools around there, you might find alot more rot than you can see from the outside if your unlucky,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Take a look at the compliance plate... it tells you what the paint code is.
Black is easy; try finding KJ7!

gtirx2

I am pretty sure kh3 comes in more than one shade so you may want to double check that its the right one for your car.I think one shade has a slightly redder tinge than the other.
As for kj7,its on the paint charts as a light grey not a white.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
As for kj7,its on the paint charts as a light grey not a white.
That's my problem; whenever I say it's KJ7 the response is "grey"?
"No, white... ivory..."
"It's quite a light grey, maybe it's just called ivory grey."
"No. Ivory isn't grey it's yellowy. You're thinking of Pearl"
"Sorry Mate, we don't have any charts for anything of that colour for a Nissan"

I think the problem (with both) is that they aren't British/European paint codes; they're Japanese ones, so unless the paint place can think outside the box they'll loose our business. - Even my local Nissan dealer isn't helpful, and I have the part code for the Nissan spray pack!