Bit of an unusual question...

Clarky

The switch that releases and opens the fuel filler cap, how can I get behind it? My clip has been loose since i got the car and now ave realised that thats the source of an annoyin rattle ave been experiencing! Is it just up under the wheel arch? Does anyone have a pic of what the switch should look like? Dunno if something missing from mine thats causing it to rattle!

Cheers guys

Clarky

yeah thought that might be the case, just hoped there might be an easier way through the boot or something. Is there a round clip or something inside the filler cap around the white release switch on the r/h/s cos it looks as tho thats whats missing from mine by the colour of the paintwork? If anyone could post a pic of inside there filler cap I'd be most grateful. I kno its a weird request but I'd realy appreciate it lol

Clarky

I pulled back the carpet and all I could find was the shocky strut mounting?!

Anyone kno if there should be a clip that holds the white switch in place on the inside of the fuel filler? The little white switch moves in all directions and I really wanna kno how to secure it so theres no more rattle.

Its a really weird question I kno, I just wanna get it sorted cause I want the car to be perfect when she's back on the road (if ever!)
lol

Cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Clarky said:
I pulled back the carpet and all I could find was the shocky strut mounting?!
Try looking at the same place on the inside where the filler cap is on the outside, why would it be a foot further forward:doh:

You'll see this

If you look here

There's a nut inside the filler cap holding it in place. I had to replace mine a few years back when the origional nut came off due to a knackered thread.