big week for me and the R

soin

I ve had the R for well over 6 years now , bought from chertsey back when R s werent a common site and still quite rare on our roads . I ran her standard for the first year and then slowly started modding , exhaust ,filter , clutch flywheel etc .. i then started working away and started making better money so bought a carrera 4 964 shape , the plan was to sell the R but as i wasnt desperate for cash ended up keeping her , the carrera 4 turned into a 964 turbo and more recently a renault v6 255 clio , the clio got sold a month back and my old trusty R is now the only car im running , its been through the blown headgasket scenario at which point i had it rebuilt with forgees , this happened a few years back but never ran right since , finally the head gasket went for the second time on the way to bristol as i was nudging along an 07 plate db7 , the car was running at about 300 bhp with a front mount now added and a walbro pump .. 300 seemed well quick so im really looking forward to this weekend im finally gonna taste 400 horses !! ive just had the engine done again and have also been amassing other goodies over the passed few months , q45 maf , 3071 r , 700 cc sards , turbosmart eboost 2 boost controller , oil cooler and an apexi power fc .. this morning i dropped her off to have all these items fitted and to have her mapped at 350 low boost and 400 hi boost , as much as i realise i still need brakes and a quaiffe to make her the car ive always wanted her to be , i cant help but have this feeling of somewhat completion , i ve always wanted a 400 brake R , its taken 6 years and a nightmare purchase off the modifiers club of an " as new top end " that arrived at the engine builders as what they could only describe as totally shagged , 450 notes down the swanny , but hey live and learn so they say .. driving the r to the garage today was monumental i still love the beast and am so glad i never sold it ... just cant wait till the weekend .

spec is :
rebuilt standard head , re lapped valves , reshimmed etc
je 87mm forged pistons
cometic 1.2mm hg
sard 700 cc s
q45 maf
blitz sonic filter
autobahhn front mount kit
hks front pipe
tanabe stainless
jun superlight fly
exedy racing clutch
apexi power fc
walbro
mocal oil cooler top mount
turbosmart eboost 2
sard fpr
koni adjustables with whiteline springs
gt3071 r ..

i ll get some piccy s up once i get her back

and ive still got the nissan spotlight grill to fit as well

just thought id share my joy with a great club who have provided me with 6 years of masses of information and hours of good reading .. long live the R and all who fly in her

O

Odin

A man after my own heart :thumbsup: 8) .

Well done dude for sticking with it :-D .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

davey red.r

yeah great stuff mate, im in to my 3rd year now, got the quaiffe, and hks jobbies, 3071 z32maf and probs 700s im going to treat it to a remapp in march ,then will be brakes uprated, and hopefully getting kyb suspension soon, only full powerflex bushes then thats my wacko ,well done mate for sticking in

regards davey:thumbsup: ;-)

davey red.r

let us know soon as its sorted ,and how many pairs of duds you soil ,with excitement:lol: :lol:

regards davey;-)

soin

will do , cheers for all yer comments , mines- unfortunately i m keeping hold of the spotlight grill as i ve always wanted one , and i had to pay very good money for it .. £400 notes