big turbo ~ (3071 etc)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Tom aka Bawsac may have an almost new GT3071R for sale.. Barely used!..

turbodaily

after a used one sorry, i dont really wanna spend £800, £500 is more like it but wanna keep my options open.

i can get a brand new garrett t34 for £520, so just browsing my options at the moment.

PaulB

Id rather be spending my money on a new GT series turbo, than putting on an old lump of used T34 for £500.

I went the whole hog and futureproofed myself (to a certain extent) by buying a new GT3071R.

G

GTIR_SLEEPER

hi im after uprating the turbo on my gtir id like to get my car up to 400 bhp wot turbo would you recomend, im after one with a quick spool up.
thanks dan

turbodaily

PaulB said:
Id rather be spending my money on a new GT series turbo, than putting on an old lump of used T34 for £500.

I went the whole hog and futureproofed myself (to a certain extent) by buying a new GT3071R.
its not used its BRAND NEW as i said. it will also be a direct fit. plus it wont cost much to get rebuilt if it ever needs it, unlike a roller bearing turbo.

im already running 340bhp on a t28 so need to get something better as its not very efficent now its max'd out.

S

sparky

I have a new Turbonetics T04, It might be to big for what your looking for but if its not drop me a pm.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GTIR_SLEEPER said:
hi im after uprating the turbo on my gtir id like to get my car up to 400 bhp wot turbo would you recomend, im after one with a quick spool up.
thanks dan

GT3071R (it seems to be the turbo of choice at the mo. There are others, but it does what you asked above)

O

Odin

cmng said:
will a 4" Housing GT3071R fit RNN14 ?
Not on a standard position manifold it wont, Not unless you make up some kind of spacer to take the turbo away from the gearbox, But then you'd need to mod the down pipe and possibly the oil/water lines.

Rob

cmng

then if i change the compressor housing
what compressor housing that suitable with it ?

to fit OEM manifold

thank

O

Odin

cmng said:
then if i change the compressor housing
what compressor housing that suitable with it ?

to fit OEM manifold

thank

You need a 2.75" inlet housing ;-) .

Rob

cmng

Odin said:
You need a 2.75" inlet housing ;-) .

Rob
thank but what housing ?

since i got one offer for new GT3071R with 4" housing at reasonable pricing
but 4" housing.

they dont have 2.75" housing

i wondering what suitable housing can fit or any other housing i can get to replace this 4" housing without need to boring this that so on

thank

O

Odin

cmng said:
thank but what housing ?

since i got one offer for new GT3071R with 4" housing at reasonable pricing
but 4" housing.

they don't have 2.75" housing

i wondering what suitable housing can fit or any other housing i can get to replace this 4" housing without need to boring this that so on

thank
I think the 3" inlet will fit at a push, Otherwise you will just have to mod the manifold and down pipe.

ATP list a 2.75" housing ;-)

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-025&Category_Code=GRT