Big spec and forged gtir

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
as title says after big spec gtir and in good condition

regards

Hope you've been saving your pocket money sonny ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
Yes sure have mate, what the average prive of a tidy spec forged nowadays? 5k?

Rich

Don't listen to Rishi he talks out of his ass most of the time :shock: :lol: .

Yes you can pick up somebody else's hard work for around 4-5k for a good-en these days :shock: , We had one car with forged engine and quaife gearbox go for under 2k a while ago :shock: , But it was a little scabby and needed paintwork.....

For 5k you will get yourself a very tidy car at todays prices ;-) , And yes that's a lot less than my engine cost to build :oops: :cry: .

Rob

recaro18

rishi i shall not be forging the car my self i know how much that costs, i had a pulsar before hand and now im after another with a piece of mind of a rebuild!
i think il be letting someone else do that and buy it off them,

whats the best thing to request when buying one? reciepts? graphs?
etc

Rich

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
whats the best thing to request when buying one? reciepts? graphs?
etc

Rich

A wing and a prayer matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19906&KW=

I know what you're like about them modifiers but help would be appreciated

It looks OK mate, But I don't believe that a gt28rs can produce 345 bhp at only 1 bar :shock: :? , Apart from that is has a Hiteq built engine which is always a good start, But for that kind of money I'd really be looking for it to have an uprated Quaife/PPG gearbox for that kind of cash in todays market.

Rob

recaro18

Be expecting a 3071 or something near for that sort of power then? and would u expect a bit more boost to expect them results seems a bit high!

I would like that sort of power, had a 330bhp pulsar and the gearbox could handle it well to be fair but if there are examples with quaifes for that money il keep an eye out for a good example, im not in any rush, just would like to get out of my 106 :) lol,

Rich

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
Be expecting a 3071 or something near for that sort of power then? and would u expect a bit more boost to expect them results seems a bit high!

I would like that sort of power, had a 330bhp pulsar and the gearbox could handle it well to be fair but if there are examples with quaifes for that money il keep an eye out for a good example, im not in any rush, just would like to get out of my 106 :) lol,

Rich

If I where you I'd wait for a car with an uprated gearbox to come up for sale, Otherwise you're looking at 2-3k for one ;-) , A standard box wont last long over 350 bhp not if you want to drive it as you'd like :twisted: .

A GT28RS is supposed to max out at around 360 bhp and that would be at 1.6 bar + I'd of thought, But it is a very good turbo if you want a low lag set up 8) .

Rob

recaro18

Will wait then chap, ive seem them quaifes go for over 1.5k 2nd hand, rather not fork that out to be honest. and im not after a low lag one, more lag = more of a kick when it comes in, used to have a t70 in my old pulsar was the best fun ever as you can imagine!
Do these sort of spec cars come around often?

Rich

recaro18

We talkin around 6k then mrgtir? i dont want to be fussy but if i can get forged engine, quaife gb, and a nice low milage example with hopefully no rust, i would be willing to pay for the quality of the car! there very nice cars, my last one wore the rings and blew the seals on the turbo from a leak from the inlet manifold causing it to overboost and it took its toll, and i was put off these cars thinking they are unreliable, but that was me just being cautious really.
and now i like them again and to stop the engine gettin damged with a bit more boost if it happened again i would like a nice forged example

does all that make sence??

Rich

O

Odin

recaro18 said:
Will wait then chap, ive seem them quaifes go for over 1.5k 2nd hand, rather not fork that out to be honest. and im not after a low lag one, more lag = more of a kick when it comes in, used to have a t70 in my old pulsar was the best fun ever as you can imagine!
Do these sort of spec cars come around often?

Rich

I'd go for a car with the GT3071R then you can have the best of both worlds, This turbo will do 460 bhp and give a low lag responsive engine 8) ;-) , And yes they do come up from time to time ;-) .

Rob

recaro18

when you say best of both worlds and low lag 'ish' what sort of revs does that come in? and that will be full boost all the way through to red line surely

Rich

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
You won't get a gtir fitted with a ppg gearbox for 5k matey. Fitted with a par gearbox maybe, but not ppg.
It was just an example matey, Was just saying that he should really wait for one with an uprated box to come up for sale, Their isn't exactly a lot of PPG equipped R's floating about is their :roll: :doh: .

Rob

LOU ROB

I just thought i'd point it out incase you mistyped thats all.

The poor lad would be waiting a long time for a gtir with a ppg fitted going for 5k :lol:

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
The poor lad would be waiting a long time for a gtir with a ppg fitted going for 5k :lol:

Well the way things are going at the moment you never know matey :doh: , When you can buy a pulsar with a forged engine and quaife gearbox for £1500 it wouldn't surprise me at all if you could indeed buy one with a PPG fitted :cry: .

Rob