BEST Turbo Timer and Alarm

hmmm

I am currently in the process of buying a pulsar and have a couple of questions.

Which is the best turbo timer to get and which is the best alarm?

Are there any products that come combined?

thanks

oldaneal

Hi i would go for a toad ai606 as they seem to be the most reilable alarm heard some very negative things about the clifford from several diffent fitters, all alarms are quoted as being cat 1 out of the box but when u add remote start and turbo timer technicaly the alarm isn't out of the box as it would have been tested for cat 1 aproval and the insurance if they wanted to be arsey might not cover you as it is not in the out of box configuration. Then just get a seperate turbo timer again be carefull as to wiring it in as it could also alter the alarms cat 1 rating

hmmm

as the pulsar i get will probably have an alarm...what is the best turbo timer to get? and what priced are? are there any sites i can look through that sell these parts?

A

Anonymous

Re: ...

hmmm said:
what is the best turbo timer to get?
why bother with a timer at all?
unless you act like a complete and utter twat,you don`t need one.
in 8 years of ownership,i`ve never fitted 1 or lost a turbo,and this tosh about sitting in the car for 2-3minutes is nonsense.

oldaneal

J

Jamie_GTIR

i persoanlly didnt bother with a turbo timer, i drive like a grandma the last few mins of my journey then leave it running 2 mins before i turn it off..

saves ya money on buying a turbo timer!

R

rsnissan

IF you are getting a TT make sure you get one that is part of the alarm as some cat 1 alarms cut the ignition when the alarm is armed and it can get complicated wiring your way round that once the alarm is installed. I have a Clifford with a clifford TT.

mattygti-r

id go for a toad cat 1 (which i currently have) and this is basically due to my past experience with clifford alarms, not saying they are crap, but just have an experience in going off at the slightest outside interferance..ie....a gust of wind or something

as for a TT, well i dont have one but....soon will......its up to you if u want one...

geetee

The Cliffords from factory are really sensitive to passing traffic and wind and people f@rting 200yds up the street.

However, drop into your Clifford dealer and they'll adjust it down as required.

Mine used to do the warning bleeps ALL the time - when cars with big zorsts drove past upto 500yds away. Dam annoying, p1sses off the neighbours and no-one bothers to investigate if it ever does go off :(

Otherwise the TT is great and it allows u to remote start on cold mornings from the comfort of your warm duvet :)

Cheers
GeeTee