best size wheels for gti-r

• Thread starter initiative imports
  • Start date
I

initiative imports

best size alloys for 94 gti-r? currently got 15inch technomagnesio superlightweight but maybe i need to go up a size? first pulsar so not sure whats best for performance?
justin

Lionel

16 all the way, If any of you are looking for wheels we are going to be doing a wheels group buy very soon

best regards Lionel.

antgtir

Depends on if you are thinking of upgrading your brakes.

If you are, 16" is ok for the Wilwood brand however for others such as Hispec, Brembo, and bigger 6pots, it would have to be 17"

Ant.

steve963

you want 13"s, super fast acceleration, lol

you think those small golf style wheels would look any good??

Dooie Pop Pop

15' s are best for handling imo, not too heavy (less strain on your gearbox) and plenty of tyre wall to flex when you need it;)

17' s are for poser boys:lol:

Braveheart

Dooie Pop Pop said:
15' s are best for handling imo, not too heavy (less strain on your gearbox) and plenty of tyre wall to flex when you need it;)

17' s are for poser boys:lol:
Totally agree..... :thumbsup: 15" is my prefered choice although you are limitted with style of wheel to allow for an uprated brake kit or you will have to fit spacers.

P

pulsarboby

i third that lol
if i could get 15's over my big brakes then i would without a second thought!
the car will handle far better, turn in quicker, and will be quicker through the gears.

use as small a wheel as you can get away with!

scottyd

yep, i agree 15's are the way to go, shame brakes pose a problem, i've got a set of spoon sw388 15" wheels in the garage, think they are one of the lightest 15" wheels you can buy, but i'm getting bigger brakes so can't use them, i'm after a set of racing hart cp035 wheels as they are one of the lightest 16" wheels you can buy but they are proving a real problem to get a hold of.

rayman75

i also agree with the above. i went from 17's-15's and i gotta say the car handles and grips a hell of a lot better than before. i have the willwood 285 kit, and i was fortunate to find a very cheap set of 15's from halfords, £124.99 for a set of 4 with brand new crappy nankangs.

been really happy with them, and the ride has got better.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
best wheels are 15" are lightweight and have a great set of tyres on them. if they look nice then that's a bonus :lol:

so in an ideal world it would be 15" white volk TE37's

gtir bean

a decent light set of 16's.big enough to fill out the arch and to get decent brakes under and still handle good.

MarkTurbo

antgtir said:
Depends on if you are thinking of upgrading your brakes.

If you are, 16" is ok for the Wilwood brand however for others such as Hispec, Brembo, and bigger 6pots, it would have to be 17"

Ant.
You can get the 310mm wilwoods under 15's and 330mm Ap's will fit 16's, depends on spoke clearance though ;-)

P

PK11NN

I love my 15s
best thing is there lightweight only 5.6kg a rim
and look sweet :)

made a massive difference to the cars handling

youngsyp

Personally I'd go for 16" rims but, as has been mentioned, the wheel weight is equally, if not more important.

Check out the Rota range at www.rarerims.co.uk for some good value, very lightweight rims !

Dooie Pop Pop

Studlife said:
does anybody remember the chav who wanted 19's on his R i think rob had it out with him
that narrows it down to about 20, 000 people then:roll: :lol: iv got those white enki' s too8)