Best place/area for power cable....

SunOnGTiR

A question for the guys who've wired in an amp,etc on their R's.....
Where would be the best place/area to run the power cable for the amp that goes to the battery?
I DON'T really want to drill a hole in the firewall/bulkhead area....
Any suggestions please???;-)
At the moment,I'm thinking of running the power cable through the passenger wing and through the big grommet behind the passenger door/A pillar.This currently is where there's wiring for the electric windows,mirrors,locking and speakers,etc.Maybe just enough room for the cable.....
Would it be OK to put the power cable through there?
But,if I was to wire in ANOTHER amp I don't there's enough space for another power cable.
The only other area is the lower A pillar.I think I'll need to drill a hole along here,somewhere.
What do the ICE boys think???
Many thanks:)

nathan

i take it your battery is under the bonnet. you should be able to push it though the rubber gromet where the loom comes tho

ChrisS

the one in mine had the cable going from battery to pasenger wing then down the door trim and under the kick plate thing where the rest of the wires run to the back of the car

SunOnGTiR

the one in mine had the cable going from battery to pasenger wing then down the door trim and under the kick plate thing where the rest of the wires run to the back of the car
I'm thinking about that as well....whatabout where the cable meets the door shut?

SunOnGTiR

Don't know how to photoshop....but feel free poke the holes for me:lol:

Is the wires wrapped in tape the loom?

Another hole area.I'm thinking of here....

This is the area the majority would put the power through,yes?

Many thanks for the tips and advice guys!!!

oggy01

dont do it that way you will see the cable when door is open, drill a hole and put a rubber in the hole and cable thought the rubber this will make it weather proff and cable will not rub and earth on body you can then put it under carpet, if you take cable out later on just put a new rubber in.:thumbsup:

SunOnGTiR

dont do it that way you will see the cable when door is open, drill a hole and put a rubber in the hole and cable thought the rubber this will make it weather proff and cable will not rub and earth on body you can then put it under carpet, if you take cable out later on just put a new rubber in.:thumbsup:
Yes,that's another consideration......

I think,for the time being I'll utilise the hole already in the lower A pillar where there's already wiring going through.....
From the battery,the power cable will go through the inner passenger wing to the A pillar.
Just need to squeeze the power cable through the already bulging door grommet:-D

Thanks guys;-)

SunOnGTiR

Sub-box and amp WORKS!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
I even found some money under the back seats!!!(yen though...)
The amp has been in the garage about 5/6 years:shock:
I couldn't believe it when the power light come on:p
I put the power cable(from the battery) through the wing and through the big grommet in the door frame where the hinges are.
I think there's even enough room for one more cable:-D
Going to change to some components in the doors in the near future....

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
...and completely off-topic (which was already two years old when it was revived).

SIR GTIR

My bad sorry i did look at he date before i posted but thought it was worth the option for people who dont feel like cutting holes and sodding about pushing through grommets
even tho when running a amp as you all know you need to be prepaired to remove stuff to run the RCA and remote lead anyways