best boost controller for gtir

t16coupe

i have been useing a gizzmo one up to recently but it seems to have gave up so after another controller do i go for another gizzmo or is the greddy profec b spec2 better

stumo

Do you want to mess with the boost settings all the time or do you want to fit and forget?

Fit and forget, just get a Dawes device. (usually) dead reliable if you don't buy the 5 quid shit ebay ones i've seen.

If you want flashy lights and change the boost setting daily get a profec or similar.

If that doesn't work, rub your balls on it.

t16coupe

would like a electronic one as i use it as the boost gauge aswell as they seem more accurate than a mechanical boost gauge

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
More precise maybe, but they're only more accurate if they've been calibrated. - Having said that, an old mechanical gauge could be quite a way out of calibration compared to a new electronic sensor.

stumo

would like a electronic one as i use it as the boost gauge aswell as they seem more accurate than a mechanical boost gauge
fair enough, quite a few people seem to have problems with the gizmo, dunno how reliable the profecs are but there's loads of copies out there.....

gtir_pimp

ive had apexi avcr, greddy profec b 2 and a sard trigger which are rare and to be honest they all worked the same, i loved the sard trigger as it was easy to set up without no gain or set gain bollox like the greddy and i prefered the look of it. a bit like an aem true boost controller or a turbosmart controller

stumo

ive had apexi avcr, greddy profec b 2 and a sard trigger which are rare and to be honest they all worked the same, i loved the sard trigger as it was easy to set up without no gain or set gain bollox like the greddy and i prefered the look of it. a bit like an aem true boost controller or a turbosmart controller
did you rub your balls on any of them?

If not, why not?

chopper

my apexi avcr hasn't caused me any problems but they are the more expensive side i found when i was looking.

Fusion Ed

Gizzmo is fine. I dont like mechanical ones as on the dyno they never work as nicely and always come on boost 'soft' Greddy is about the same for features but is over priced compared to the Gizzmo, hence why I sell Gizzmo now and not the Profec!!

t16coupe

i was just disappointed that my gizzmo ms ibc stopped working after only just 2 years but i liked how easy it was to use

t16coupe

can not get the boost higher that actuator pressure i have no leeks as i have checked and it holds the actuator pressure all the way up the revs i also tryed a new solenoid and checked the wireing

Trondelond

haha - i actually did LOL then :)
Me too, that one will never get old. :D

Just to hijack - I´ve got the PFC and boost controller with the datalogit box. Have anyone used the datalogit box´ provision for a boost toggle switch on that? Something about that not being possible if you have the boost controller kit fitted... or something else that didn´t quite make sense to me.

Perhaps I should just bin it and go for the Gizzmo, does that have two settings?

red reading

i had a gizzmo ms ibc and the pos failed, must have a dry joint because any vibration when driving caused it to turn on and off on it's own.