Best 1bar bhp/torque readings?

GTiR-Aholic

I managed 268bhp @ flywheel on dyno when running on 3 cylinders and my Blitz iColor SBC boost controller was showing me 296bhp @ flywheel.

Since then I've changed to magnecor 8mm's and a FMIC..

Now my boost controller shows me 347bhp @ flywheel!! - So I'm guessing 315ish bhp on dyno hopefully when I book it..

I've got following mods:
T28 @ 1bar
Fmic
8mm magnecors
sytec fuel filter
blitz oil filter
0w40 Castrol Edge engine oil
Splitfire Plugs H/R 7 I think..
K&N Filter
3.5" pipe + 5" tail exhaust (not sure of make)

I've ordered walbro pump & oil catch tank..

What bugs me is, the bhp cuts out at 347bhp @ flywheel doing 112mph.. the speedo is converted to mph so I would have thought the speed restrictor would also have been removed?! - Any ideas?

What have you guys got at the usual 1bar.. ?

Last edited:

gtir_pimp

how can a boost controller show what bhp your car has? as for 347bhp is that at 1bar? coz the turbo is maxed out at 330ish!

GTiR-Aholic

yeah it comes up at 1.05bar doing 347bhp @ flywheel but like I said.. when I got rolling road dyno it showed 268bhp on their dyno dynamics.. but 296bhp on my blitz controller (maybe I set car weight too heavy..).. so when I say i got 347bhp on the boost controller, it's probs 315ish on a dyno dynamics rolling road.

The Blitz iColor SBC Boost Controller does more than just boost controlling, it has addition functions like speedometer, tachometer, gas readings, bhp readings, torque readings (can't remember what mine is, I can go out check the graph because it displays graphs which I can save)..

It does loads more as well but you have to buy other mods to go with it.. I want the fueling control mod for it :D

geoff pine

290 BHP and 278 FT LBS at pro sport in stockport and that was with them using my 3" front pipe as as a brake on the rollers :doh: .Put the print out up then we could see the temperature read outs.

Last edited:

Gav_Kara

mine made 331.6 bhp with 315lbft but that was on 1.2 bar i did a run at a bar so i,l check my print out or post it up.. my turbos a gt2871r with all the normal extras and mapped ecu...

gtir_pimp

my car made 290 bhp and same torque at 1.2bar on a warm/hot day in july with usuall supporting mods and standard turbo and standard ecu (not mapped). not sure about 1bar. average is around 280bhp without mapping and usuall supporting mods

DanDud

Mine managed 330bhp and 300lb ft at (prosport i think) at a club RR day last year, but then on a different dyno just before christmas it made 300bhp and 300 lb ft.

So different dynos will give you different results, but at the time i believed that my 330bhp was a new record or something for a standard 1bar car lol

stumo

Mine managed 330bhp and 300lb ft at (prosport i think) at a club RR day last year, but then on a different dyno just before christmas it made 300bhp and 300 lb ft.

So different dynos will give you different results, but at the time i believed that my 330bhp was a new record or something for a standard 1bar car lol

wasn't that at 1.1?

MORF114

282bhp / 247lbft @ 1 bar at hubs and pretty much same figure on old set up @ 1 bar but at the flywheel with nearly std everything .