bent front box section (****)

CruiseGTi-R

Right, after my little off it looks like I’ve a bit of work to do.

Going up the bank, the car was kinda at 45deg with the front dragging through the ground. It bent the tow eye right over, but unfortunately rather than snapping or actually bending the tow eye, its bent the box section which it connects to (last time I leave the tow eye on).

Now, someone pleeeease tell me the whole box section unbolts :cry: :sad: ?????

It looks like it does, and perhaps connected to the tube across the front??

I need a new one, what d'ya reckon?

Mr GTiR

sorry, but i'm sure that lower bottom box section is welded as well.

Find a good panel beater and they should be able to sort it out for sensiable money.

O

Odin

CruiseGTi-R said:
I need a new shell at this rate.

I know your from Bath mate but there's no need to be a Drama Queen :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If you need a new shell there's a whole gtir for sale in aberdeen for £800 :shock: .

Rob

CruiseGTi-R

Thunder God said:
I know your from Bath mate but there's no need to be a Drama Queen :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If you need a new shell there's a whole gtir for sale in aberdeen for £800 :shock: .

Rob
hehe, lol.

Just gonna knock the ****ing tow eye round again, get in, launch off at 8k :-D .

The passenger door has dropped and the boot doesn't close properly either now.

£800 eh?...

O

Odin

If the door and boot are not right anymore then I'd get it checked over at a body shop, Because it could be a wright off mate.

There are some pretty good bargains to be found out there still, I had a guy around my house last night (thelegend on the forum) who had just bought his 94 L plate for £1500 :shock: , It's only problem being a mis fire lol.

We found out that it's the maf causing the problem and is a very easy fix 8) , The car's a minter really, Nearly standard car with full aircon and factory sunroof :shock: has a couple or car park dent in the panels but not that you would notice.

Only mods being Gabs and a goose lol.

Let me know how you get on with your's mate ? ;-) , I hope it's not one for the scrappy :oops: .

Rob

Ps this thread has made me think about a roll cage a bit more though.

CruiseGTi-R

yeah, its amazing how cheap they go for. I probably wouldn't buy one without getting the chassis checked though.

on that note, where do I get mine checked? I know the manual has all manner of measurements in it, does a bodyshop just measure these? Perhaps Nissan are best to have a look at it?

I'm def putting a cage in, weld in preferably. We so could have rolled, would have been ok I guess but saw so many wrecks over the weekend, and all the boys had full cages, regardless if it was a crumbling old 3 series or brand new GT2's.

O

Odin

Yes nissan might be your best bet, They should have all the right stuff to messure it with, Or at least be able to send you to there own body shop.

Rob