Battery

LeeSmith

Hey, I need to buy a new battery as mine is not doing so good.....

All i can remember with my current one it has 28Ah on it and is not very big...It has gone flat a couple of times, never when running, just when left a couple of nights without using the car...

what should i upgrade to? stereo wise im just running a head unit, 6x9's 10" sub and an amp, door speakers etc...i couldn't give u the spec as i don't know myself but it's nothing special...

Mr GTiR

nar get the biggest one you can get your hands on and get it relocated into the boot.

that's what i did with mine :wink:

antgtir

The only thing i can think of making sure you get at least the minimum cranking power of the original anything bigger will give you longer life etc. :wink:

Mr GTiR

The orginal R battery was not designed to withstand our harsh winters in mind, that's why a lot of them fail.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
LeeSmith said:
mattygti-r said:
normal micra battery will do from halfords mate :)

LOL!!!! R u kidding???
Nope, he's serious. I (lots of us) have one fitted too. The Pulsar battery is smaller than the Sunny battery so the Micra one is a direct replacement. Mine's been OK for over a year now.

hmmm

I converted the battery tray and terminals so that a UK spec battery fits and used a heavy duty Delphi battery (UK Sunny GTi-R size).

That should make sure it starts on those cold mornings... hopefully :wink:

If you are going to be running an amp and sub, I personally suggest that you use a heavy duty battery; but don't take my word for it ... wait till you get an answer from someone who is more experienced.