Backfire

P

POWLO

Hi guys.

I am new to this site so just saying hello and wanted to ask a quick question.
I have had my R for about a month now howver, it sometimes back fires when i am running at high pm then change up to a higher gear, is this normal, no smoke or anything when it happens.

I have a full system and a de cat pipe.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks 8)

OZ-Racing

It's normal, just over-fuelling due to the de-cat I think.

Try revving up to about 5000rpm in second gear and then lifting off the throttle until you're just tickling it. Pops and bangs like a good-un :lol: :lol: 8)

P

pyrotecnic

excatly the same as mine but at night you can see flames. ummmmm. Scares of the people behind.

P

POWLO

Cheers guys, needed a bit of reassurance thought i might blow something up otherwise.

yeah it is pretty good when it lights up the night sky.

:D

T

Toady

mine does it too! at night its quality! in the country roads its cool to see the rear light up orange! :lol:

tee

so is this the same as a 200sx would? does it bang and pop everytime you change gear near enough? or just fettle the loud peddle?

C

carpy100

it will do it on pretty much any car with a straight thru and a decat.
on cars with a carburettor if you drive along and turn the ignition off and roll with your foot down then turn the ignition on again it goes BOOOOOOMMM :!:
ruined many a works transit back box :lol:

K

KAMIKAZE

pop and bang

my pulsar has no boxes at all just cutom made pipe and its VERY LOUD
to loud and it pops and bangs all the time and i have no problem at all so i would say its normal i wouldnt worry to much

Cris

carpy100 said:
it will do it on pretty much any car with a straight thru and a decat.
on cars with a carburettor if you drive along and turn the ignition off and roll with your foot down then turn the ignition on again it goes BOOOOOOMMM :!:
ruined many a works transit back box :lol:
That's why you have kill switches on motorbikes!

C

carpy100

:lol: just rememberd all the fun i used to have on my 750 gixer with the kill switch. small villiage high streets a speciality!
cars with open windows in traffic jams...
wonder if it will work on my old crosser :idea:

kyepan

OZ-'R'acing said:
kyepan said:
try regrounding the earths, and it might stop doing it..
Now why on earth would I want to go and do a thing like that :p :lol: :lol: :twisted:
truth be told, when it did stop, i had to fit a flamer kit.. it was the only choice.

tee

how hard is it to fit a flamer kit?

i understand that they have a switch for the sprak plug thing, but does it then pop a flame everytime the exhaust bangs?

kyepan

you need a coulple of bits.

spark, coil, ht lead, and the box that tells the coil to pulse at a certain number of pulses per second. then the switch and some power.

you can make the box with a few bits from maplins, can't remember what though.