Backdoor jammed

T

tan

Hi
It seems my rear door lock is jammed. I can not use my key to get it open. Any ideas?

Keira

someones tried F*cking with it possibly, if the lever inside still works i wouldnt worry about it, otherwise take it apart and poke it around for abit, if that dont work get a new lock from a breakers.

J

J-GTi-R

Or it may have just packed in. There was a thread on here ages ago about the rear lock and it turned out they don't work on about 50% of 'Rs (mine has never worked).

S

seanleed

Yeah, mine works with one key, but only one way round :?: :?: and not at all with my other key, really weird.

A

Anonymous

My one has never worked, its rusted inside i believe. Doesn't bother me though.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Assuming it's seized inside, try squirting aload of penetrating oil inside the barrel and leave it to work in, if that don't work, forget about the lock and use the remote release inside the car. I've hardly used the rear lock in 2 years (it does work tho :p )

T

tan

It wont open even if I use the remote release inside the car. I can se it working so I am assuming the lock is stuck. It is now impossible to to open the hatch. How do I take the lock apart when I cant open the hatch?

Keira

you will have to pull out the pacel shelf and try taking the interior panels out from inside the boot to get at the mechanism.

Have fun :cry: