AVCR query

Going through my settings i've discovered on the duty graph scale it sits at 55% up until about 4.5k then increases up to 67% at 6k then drops back down to 55% there after. This reflects in the way the car drives, i.e. struggling between those points so the two must be connected. Any ideas why it would be struggling to make boost between those points but then pick up a bit again up to the redline...?

J

justin666

I assume its in self learn mode and all the start duty's are set at zero.???

J.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
It all depends on a few things...

Most people start off agressive duty in the early revs and tail off further down for a good smooth road setup... Allows quick spooling steady boost curve...

Then there is the drag setup where you just set it to 85% all across the rev range... Will be perfect for drag racing but will over boost with normal driving...

You can also setup so that the duty is at a medium say 55% across then have a small dip through where its about to hit peak torque so prevent boost spike...

Then there is the way you have yours setup where you have a small increase in the mid range... Not normally if you want to increase mid range boost which is a common thing then you would just do this in the boost settings not the duty...

Now you could be suffering from 1 or 2 many different things...

Did this problem occur out the blue or did it happen straight after a new setup...?

You could be blowing out the spark through your peak torque... Check the plugs, leads etc...

Your fueling could be off and struggling through the peak torque area...

Your boost controller could be setup wrong... Check the gear boost, and learn modes... Just keep learn on in 1st to 3rd... Turn learn off for 4th and 5th...

I'll think of more things to look for later...

Rishi

N

Nelson

(cambridge pulsar) It's in self learn mode and I haven't played with the duty settings, other than setting it initially and letting it go into self learn mode and the start duty is at 0 in all gears. It is due a set up but if anything I would say it runs rich, not lean, will try and lay my hands on some new plugs and give that a try.
Any more suggestions welcome...

J

jpward

RishiGTiR said:
It all depends on a few things...

Most people start off agressive duty in the early revs and tail off further down for a good smooth road setup... Allows quick spooling steady boost curve...

Then there is the drag setup where you just set it to 85% all across the rev range... Will be perfect for drag racing but will over boost with normal driving...

You can also setup so that the duty is at a medium say 55% across then have a small dip through where its about to hit peak torque so prevent boost spike...

Then there is the way you have yours setup where you have a small increase in the mid range... Not normally if you want to increase mid range boost which is a common thing then you would just do this in the boost settings not the duty...

Now you could be suffering from 1 or 2 many different things...

Did this problem occur out the blue or did it happen straight after a new setup...?

You could be blowing out the spark through your peak torque... Check the plugs, leads etc...

Your fueling could be off and struggling through the peak torque area...

Your boost controller could be setup wrong... Check the gear boost, and learn modes... Just keep learn on in 1st to 3rd... Turn learn off for 4th and 5th...

I'll think of more things to look for later...

Rishi
Humm thanks i might adjust mine too mine's set at 42% normal and i'll reset to 45-46% for lower speeds both at 1.20 is this the same Rishi or should i be at 1.00 or 1.10 @ 55/85% ?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
jpward said:
Humm thanks i might adjust mine too mine's set at 42% normal and i'll reset to 45-46% for lower speeds both at 1.20 is this the same Rishi or should i be at 1.00 or 1.10 @ 55/85% ?

I assume you are running at 1.2bar

Fast Road Setup

RPM..........0.....1000....2000....3000....4000....5000....6000....7000

DUTY%...80.........75........70........65........60.......55........55........55

That should help your turbo come on spool nice and aggresively and then hold it nicely through the rest of the rev range... You may need to adjust the figures accordingly to suit your turbo but you get the idea....

Full Drag Setup

RPM..........0.....1000....2000....3000....4000....5000....6000....7000

DUTY%...85.........85........85........85........85.......85........85........85

NOTE: this setup will cause overboosting at higher rpm if used for normal driving

Rishi

Last edited: