autocross pictures .

jjs

Hi some pictures from the last round of the autocross championship of 2009,i won my class on the day, and 4th overall i finished 2nd in class, and 3rd overall in the championship, of a field of around 45 cars, quite pleased with the result for my first full season, car ran fine all year during the 13 rounds, just shows that these cars are pretty reliable, and all this on the same gearbox, LOL roll on next year, Jim.

Last edited:

Trondelond

That looks like so much fun, but I couldn't bring myself to drive my R in those conditions! She's special! :D

And congratulations on your results! :)

jjs

cheers guys, just buy another , thats not special, i have an r for the road, and this is my track car, ran all season with no breakdowns , finished all the 13 rounds , and made the final in every round, cars running 300 bhp, with external oil cooler and large koyo rad to keep the temps down, jim.

warringtonjack

You still running a tmic on that as well? Is that due to the regs? Looks like great fun that! Any special tyre/pressure requirements? I should imagine it gets a bit tasty in the wet! :shock:

jjs

hi jack,.excellent fun, have done a few track days at knockhill but like the off road better, was running top mount untill a couple of months ago, running front mount now, and front tyre pressures as low as 14 psi in the wet, run harder in the rears to try and get the car to turn better , running tubes to try and keep the tyres on the rims, Jim.

Trip

wonderfull pics and great results.. Its shows that these cars can deliver in the hands of the right driver :). Keep it up for next year

how do you compare TMIC Vs FMIC ?

jjs

hi trip, hard to say when driving off road, but i think it feels moreresponsive, less lag, (although most people say otherwise ) the front mount, i think is a norris designs one, very short pipe run, and because the speeds arent always as fast as on a tarmac circuit , i think the front mount runs cooler without the usual heat soak from the top mount, suppose to find out for sure would have to run on dyno, , as for next year have a few mods to do to car, but i think just more time in the car is whats required, jim

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

well done jim:thumbsup:
as said just shows that these cars are competetive at many levels of motorsport!

who needs a m3, evo, or scooby:fu2:

Trip

hi trip, hard to say when driving off road, but i think it feels moreresponsive, less lag, (although most people say otherwise ) the front mount, i think is a norris designs one, very short pipe run, and because the speeds arent always as fast as on a tarmac circuit , i think the front mount runs cooler without the usual heat soak from the top mount, suppose to find out for sure would have to run on dyno, , as for next year have a few mods to do to car, but i think just more time in the car is whats required, jim
As it goes. Practice makes perfect. :thumbsup:

Not really after the dyno figures. As you said, its more about the responsiveness and lag is what you need in such races. The standard TMIC is probably too restrictive, while the ebay style FM is to laggy. The ND one is just in between.

jjs

cheers bob, speaking of scoobies,:doh: thats what beat me for the class win,:oops: just by 3 points,:lol: but the guy has a lot more experience than me off road, so who knows roll on next year, i d say the cars more than capible , just have to improve my driving skills:thumbsup: cheers Jim.