At LAST.. its alive

Trip

After 2yrs waiting for the rebuilt, I finally fired up the engine today... What a joy..

Not so alive. I think i have some problems. :roll:

1) Oil pressure is up at 8BAR... is that normal?

2) No boost is building up. it is still on jacks and just revved to 3Krpm but barely saw and positive. Removed a boost hose and you do feel some "air" blowing.. but not much.

3) Fuel without vacuum is at 4bar. I will adjust the FPR for that.

4) On pressing the clutch i heard a hint of jittering noise and a small vibration from the pedal.. I have a metal 3puck clutch. Also as mentioned in another thread, there is a gap (around 4mm) between the fork and the slave pin, which lets the fork and pin free play so to speak.

5)How long does it take for the oil temperature to rise? My oil temperature guage was not moving even after 10minute. might be i have a faulty sender or some wiring fault.

Please note that oil temp oil pressure and boost are not the standard guages.

My worse fear is 2 and 4 :oops:

John

8 bar on cold start up is what I get, if not 8.5 on colder mornings so wouldnt worry about that.

You probably have a faulty sender unit as your oil pressure should gradually fall and be at near optimum temp within 10mins.

Trondelond

I'm just in to congratulate you, unfortunately I don't have any tips.
And 8 bar is fine I'd say. :) My gauge doesn't go past 7, and it's glued to the 7 when I fire her up in the morning. :)

P

pulsarboby

the boost wont show ev just by revving the car to 3k, you need to take her on a run under load.
8 bar oil pressure is ok as long as it drops when hot but as said the gauges are never accurate anyway.
oil temp will take more than 10 minutes to show at idle
not sure about clutch prob! think you need to take her on a bit of a run and then youll have a better idea with any possible faults that need rectifying.....good luck

Trip

Well.. it will be a long ride to get it on the road.. still need to finish up the body work.. but i will get there.. SOOOOON..

thanks guys..

stumo

1 oil pressure is normal.

2 no boost is ok if you're only revving it to 3k

3 you'll get better atomisation at 4Bar, depending on what boost you're going to run and your fuel pump and regulator can handle it keep it there but check your duty at idle.

4 you should have about 25mm of freeplay at the pedal, any more and especially any less you should adjust the pushrod on the master cyl.

Trip

I remember hearing the BOV venting to air when i rev it on neutral. I am fearing that i have some kind of leak from the inlet manifold side. But as Bob said, i need to give it some load to make sure i get the best results.

stumo, the freeplay is not on the pedal. Its between the clutch slave pin and the fork. The Fuel pump is a Walbro 255 and FPR is a SARD. Injectors, MAF and ECU will be standard for now until i compete the running-in process.

P

pulsarboby

there should be freeplay between rod and clutch fork, normally around 5mm before rod engages release fork. if it was under pressure your release bearing would be in contact with the pressure plate forks

gtirx2

I would agree with stumo and check the free play on the pedal.
I once over adjusted my clutch somehow and when you pushed the clutch down it would make a sound like you discribed.
I think it was maybe over pushing the clutch pressure plate forks and coming into contact with the clutch disc.

astarozna

If there's 5mm space is between clutch slave pin and clutch fork then it's too much, and if pressed down then i'm sure you are not over pressing it

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Freeplay should be 1-3mm according to the manual:

However, the "free travel" should be 10-15mm