ARTHUR DAILEY

P

PaddyPower

Had my car in the garage the other day and the mechanic told me that my Bailey dump valve was not suitable for my car?

Is this true? If so why?

I was told that the HKS one is the baby for an R. What are the differances?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There was some thought a while back that only recirculating dump valves were OK for the Gtir because it runs a MAF, and vent to atmoshpere ones could upset the fuelling abit.
I don't know if we ever got any proof either way on this tho. :?

P

PaddyPower

I dint think they made anything other than the twin piston for the R?

Why would the guy say that it was no good? I quite like it as although it makes some good old fasioned noise, it is not one of those ones that blows your head off as the car goes past. Quite subtle i think.

mattygti-r

it "dumps" at silly revs and when i think of bailey i dotn think of a well knonw japanese company who make parts for my japanese import i think erm RS chavs :roll:

P

PaddyPower

Dude i come from croydon so me and chavs come together, unfortunately. When i leave croydon i get accused of being a chav due to the way i dress, but dont posess any other chav trate fortunately.

ashills

bailey dv are very good quality better than the majority of jap ones which are 3 times the price
bailey valves are tested to 3 bar so i think they will be fine on nearly any R in the world
just ordered a new re circ bailey for my evo as u no they wont give trouble like the adjusdtable jap ones can

P

PaddyPower

ash was it you in the silver evo at valley park on thursday?

mattygti-r

lol @ paddy yeah plenty of chavs round here too

i did have a bailey on the R when i first picked it up it soon broke, gave me no faith in them, yest it was the correct one

i just find jap stuff is well made,

you take your choice basically paddy whatever one you "Like" others wont, etc,

MarkTurbo

mattygti-r said:
when i think of bailey i dotn think of a well knonw japanese company who make parts for my japanese import i think erm RS chavs :roll:
What does it matter if its not a well known jap company :? Unless you're a brand snob that thinks only HKS, Blitz, Apexi etc is good enough to go on your car :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only h o m o s have dumpvalves anyway :wink: :twisted: Thats probably just offended 90% of the members :mrgreen:

JIMMYBACK

MarkTurbo said:
mattygti-r said:
when i think of bailey i dotn think of a well knonw japanese company who make parts for my japanese import i think erm RS chavs :roll:
What does it matter if its not a well known jap company :? Unless you're a brand snob that thinks only HKS, Blitz, Apexi etc is good enough to go on your car :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only h o m o s have dumpvalves anyway :wink: :twisted: Thats probably just offended 90% of the members :mrgreen:
this all comes down to u being a pikey no being able to buy annew dumpy dosent it marky :shock: :lol: :lol: