are these.......

L

luke_gti-r

GTIR-LOZ

both rubbish they will crack after not alot of use, you get what you pay for in the manifold world

rams_pulsar

i wouldn't advise getting one really but i bought my 'r' off a mate who had already bought one its been on nearly a year now and hasn't been too bad only had to change gasket twice....first time it blew again after about two weeks of driving but this time it seems to be ok and its been on over two months this time

L

luke_gti-r

lol, so basicly they are ok if you get better gaskets?

L

luke_gti-r

does an uprated manifold give 20bhp xtra? or anywhere close? what sort of gains wold 1 give?

mine is currently running 331bhp

R

riske

Didnt you say its worth just polishing and smoothing out your standard mani?! Thats what i'm going to do.

rams_pulsar

yes these manifolds are cheap but when they work ok like in my case surely its worth keeping on in my case, dont ya think?? Like i said i wouldn't advise someone to buy one as it'll proberly lead to more problems but if working correctly i.e no cracks and not blowing, they must be better than the standard manifold isn't exactly free flowing..

rams_pulsar

Odin said:
Of cause I'd never say remove the one you've already purchased, But I don't think I'd got to all the hassle of buying and fitting one just to replace the standard one if that's what I had already, And for this Luck to say he wants a tubular manifold because it might sound better is frankly ridiculous :doh: :der: .

Rams I think you should run off and find something woody to rub matey lol.

Rob
something what???

rams_pulsar

.................................................................................................................................................................................................yea i'm there

rams_pulsar

...and i wasn't bragging i was stateing a fact, my manifold is not bad certainly not as bad as the reputation they've earned, maybe they are 5hit but mine does what a manifold is designed to do, allow gases to enter the turbo to allow it to spool up without any of them been wasted through cracks, holes etc (go on give me some banter about cracks and holes its on your level matey!) . I cant ask anymore of it! So all in all i'm happy even if i'm 1 in 50,000 lol:thumbsup: