Are These Gauges....

S

solarice

Been looking everywhere to find out what these gauges belong too :

After looking through loads of images, i spotted some gauges in a pulsar with a similar surround to mine...but the gauge faces were black and the boost only went to 7psi.

So my question is are these gauges from a pulsar gti-r ? or do you know what they might be off.

Im currently trying to source sender units and associated wiring loom.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

A

AJ4

looks like a Uk one, 14psi = 1 bar

Imports read in 'mm of mercury' which is "7" on a jap spec guage ( which is also 1 bar )

S

solarice

ah ok cheers for the info,

so its probably worth a shot to see if i can aquire some senders / loom from a uk pulsar...hopefully all should be good.

A

AJ4

the senders and loom from a UK should be identical to a Jap one ( with respect to the guages ). The boost guage will measure exactly the same thing, its only the face on the guage that is different.

S

solarice

yeah i was just thinking that.....as you said 7psi jap is 14psi uk.

actually does anyone know where im likly to be able to get the senders and loom from...without being charged loads.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
solarice said:
yeah i was just thinking that.....as you said 7psi jap is 14psi uk.

actually does anyone know where im likly to be able to get the senders and loom from...without being charged loads.

No... The JAP boost gauge reads in 'mm of mercury'... mmHg i think it is...

Rishi

A

AJ4

Rishi is right, "7" on a Jap guage is actually 700mm of mercury which is 1 bar or 14 psi ( roughly speaking, before anyone jumps in ;):D )

Our eastern friends may have bizarre gameshows, but they don't compress air any different than what we do ;) :lol:

JIMMYBACK

Our eastern friends may have bizarre gameshows, but they don't compress air any different than what we do ;) :lol:[/quote]
no but there toilet water flushes the opporsite way to ours :shock: :p :lol: :lol: :wink:

S

solarice

"7" on a Jap guage is actually 700mm of mercury which is 1 bar or 14 psi ( roughly speaking, before anyone jumps in )
thats what i was meaning....i shouldnt have put the psi after the 7 :)

now to find some senders and associated loom.

S

stokie1

running standard boost but boost gauge reads 7 mmHg
when giving it some

A

AJ4

you sure ? thats what mine did, couldn't figure it out till I found that bleed hole drilled in the side of the solenoid :D

S

stokie1

AJ4 said:
you sure ? thats what mine did, couldn't figure it out till I found that bleed hole drilled in the side of the solenoid :D
to be honest it goes abit beyond 7mmHg on the gauge and still pulling
hard, think it may be the gauge is f*cked.

A

AJ4

and you've checked it with an external boost guage ? It should only go to about "5" on the standard guage on standard boost.

S

solarice

hi again,

just an update....i decided to open up the gauges totally as some of you mentioned these maybe pulsar with aftermarket faces.

well after opening the gauges, the faces actually have "nissan japan" printed on them, along with japanese symbols....so they cant be aftermarket....whats more if these are a import from japan, why as mentioned before are they in psi.

I know its totally possibly for them to be made in japan for use in uk, and have the dial measurements changed accordingly.....but if the faces are normally in black....it creates more questions, could they be a special edition ? or maybe from a totally different car.

Im open to ideas.... :)