Aquamist

T

T11EWL

Couldn't find a thread on this which seemed odd.

Not having much luck on the website - does anyone know the sort of wallet damage an Aquamist system is likely to cause ?

Not the washer-jet onto the intercooler one, the one which injects water into the cylinders to keep the temperatures down.

Finally I s'pose, does anyone have one and what sort of benefit did they gain ?

M

memski

£350 tops for the basic setup (1s). Benefits include lower cylinder temps, and if used when tuned up you can run more advance and hence more power. I'm using mine as a back up, was mapped without the WI engaged (cos if you have it mapped and you run out of water..... bye bye SR20DET :cry: ).

O

Olly

Like Mem use it for insurance, Aquamist System 1s been running 1.3 for well over a year no worries. Seems good. Can supply and fit if ness they are local to me and I have a mate who knows them well. 8)

A

Anonymous

I can put you in touch with someone who can get u the basic system for about £320 inc delivery. PM if u want his number

T

T11EWL

I'm fairly competent with a socket set - should be, I used to build planes

Are they a fairly easy DIY fit ?

Presumably have to get someone to map it for me ?

A

Anonymous

it wont need mapping. Im only going from experience on other turbod cars not the GTIR. the aqaumist kit is good my only negative is that u have to find your own container

zia

the thing with water injection is that if you inject load of water at the wrong time it will take heat away from the combustion process which will reduce performance 1c is oprated by pressure actator/switch.you,ed be better of going for 2c system with third party ecu controlled to get the best results.

zia

Keira

Iv'e convinced the missus that water injection is a wise investment, so thats another part on the list of jobs :)

Whats everyone using as a resevoir for the water ?

I was thinking either do something with the washer bottle and maybe use a smaller container for the washers, or re-locate the battery and put something nice and shiny there.

What have you done

O

Olly

Washer bottle (Have you seen how massive it is, great big bottle) with screen wash (keeps pump lubed), With Trigger set at anything over stock boost it doesn't drink as much as most people think. :lol:

Keira

Next question....

I take it the nozzle needs to be as near to the throttle body as possible...

Have you drilled and tapped into the intake manifold or did you just fit the nozzle into the silicon bend that comes off of the pipe from the intercooler :?:

What about water/methanol mix, is there any real benefit, i guess you get a bigger bang cos of the methanol but is anyone using it :?:

M

memski

Mine was fitted when I had the tmic, and it was drilled into the the plenum just after the hose. With a fmic it would probably be best fitted onto the cold piping (near the airfilter area) to allow for better mixture.

I use methanol only when the weather is really cold as it stops the pump from being damaged. There is a benefit but I doubt it's significant.

nismoboy

Im also thinking about getting water injection,what the best kit to go for?
ive been looking at the basic kit which is about £300,what kit are u guys using?

T

T11EWL

zia said:
1s is oprated by pressure actator/switch.you'd be better off going for 2c system with third party ecu controlled to get the best results.
Or if you don't have a stand-alone engine management

memski said:
£350 tops for the basic setup (1s). ...I'm using mine as a back up, was mapped without the WI engaged
I may be new, but at least I read the threads :roll:

G

GTI-R Kid

Think it might be referring to Nismoboy asking a question thats already been answered in the thread Skid?

T

T11EWL

T11EWL said:
I may be new, but at least I read the threads :roll:
Sorry - very spikey answer

Was having a bad morning (being shadowed by the boss) and it seemed every post I managed to sneak a peak at was a 'LOL' or equally useful post (my mate always does this on his forum and finds it so amusing he emails me to tell me he's done it) or a question which someone had already gone to great lengths to answer 1/2 way up the same page.

Nismoboy especially, don't worry about it - I'm usually a bit more helpfull where I can be :oops: