Apologies

S

si.c R

Sorry to repeat a question i know has already been answered but i have just bought a new hks boost gauge and wondered if anyone could give advice on fitting it. I know it is fairly straight forward but when i get the How to guide up i cant see the pic that shows where to put the T piece. Also if i use the cig lighter 4 the backing light where should i earth it to :?: And finally can anyone tell me what the little bit of red plastic is that you get with the gauge :?:

Cheers :lol:

M

Mart

Well any earth will be fine just go probing with a multi-meter

If ur not going to keep ur standard boost gauge u could use its tube to the manifold.

The red plastic bit is to change the back light of the gauge, just slide it over the bulb.

Hope this helps,
Mart

S

si.c R

Just had a good look and it seems as though the red plastic box is to tap into another wire for the backlight on the gauge. I have now found a light wire and an earth but i dont know how to feed the boost hose through the bulkhead and where i have to plumb it into :? I want to set the gauge up on the right hand side of the dash above the wing mirror adjustment switch. Has anyone else fitted a gauge there :?: If so how did you get the wires and hose up to the gauge :?:

geetee

Run the hose thru the bulkhead with the loom wiring near the clutch master cylinder - that's how mine is.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

si.c R

O.k i will give that a go. Any ideas where i put the T-piece for the gauge :?:

G

GazTi-R

Find the MAP sensor bolted to the passenger side inner wing, just behind the fusebox. 'T' into the vac pipe that goes from there to the inlet manifold.

S

si.c R

Right this is slowley becoming one of the most annoying things i have done on my car :shock: I still cant find anywhere to feed the pipe through the bulkhead. I have tried putting it through the hole by the clutch master cylinder but i cant find where it comes out inside the car :x Also dont know what the small bit of metal is for that comes whith the HKS gauge. I think it has to go into the pipe but when i put it in there it just moved up the hose. Should it fit into the T-piece :?:

BenD

What are you doing over the next couple of days. ill give you a hand routing it all if ya want, its a bit of a bitch mind :x

Cheers

Ben

G

GAZ P

Try pulling out the standard boost gauge, splice into the hoes coming out the back and run this to your new HKS one at the sams time you could splice into the wiring and use this for the illumination :D

S

si.c R

Boost gauge all fitted now :D Cheers to BenD and Hudson for that.
I felt like a right lazy bast'id just standing watching them work on my car. They done a good job though so thanks again. 8)

BenD

No probs dude!!!

Nice to meet you and your lady 8)
I'll get that hose fitting for you in the next couple of days!!!

Take it easy!!!

Ben

A

Anonymous

8)

good to meet another local 'R owner 8)

hope to see you @ 1 bar goodness shortly :wink:

love the goose :twisted:

Cya around!