Apexi super air flow controller

B

blackpulsargtir

I have above fitted to my gtir (it came fitted with no explanation from dealer) and i believe it has something to do with the VTA dump valve as when i disconnect the SAFC the cars idle is erratic and the engine smokes and is pretty much undriveable.

However when reconnected it is all fine.

Firstly: would anyone be kind enough to tell me why what how (basically what the SAFC does?

Secondly: it has 5 knobs on it that go up in approximately 1000 rpm increments & give air/fuel -/+30??? All i know is that when i turn them them positively or negatively the engine increases or decreases power at that rev renge.

If i stick them all up to +30 it seems to give better acceleration up to 5000rpm then the engine seems to miss / run lean maybe?

I've just left them all at 0 as i dont understand it.

So if anyone could give any knowledge they have it would be greatly appreciated or at least point me to a website where to get info on setting these things up for optimum performance.

Cheers.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...4052006025.jpg

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Its an Air Flow Controller... Its used to adjust the fueling of your engine...

I would drive oh so carefully to someone who can map the car with the device or you'll blow your engine if you just fiddle with it blind...

Rishi