Apexi super air flow controller

B

blackpulsargtir

I have above fitted to my gtir (it came fitted with no explanation from dealer) and i believe it has something to do with the VTA dump valve as when i disconnect the SAFC the cars idle is erratic and the engine smokes and is pretty much undriveable.

However when reconnected it is all fine.

Firstly: would anyone be kind enough to tell me why what how (basically what the SAFC does?

Secondly: it has 5 knobs on it that go up in approximately 1000 rpm increments & give air/fuel -/+30??? All i know is that when i turn them them positively or negatively the engine increases or decreases power at that rev renge.

If i stick them all up to +30 it seems to give better acceleration up to 5000rpm then the engine seems to miss / run lean maybe?

I've just left them all at 0 as i dont understand it.

So if anyone could give any knowledge they have it would be greatly appreciated or at least point me to a website where to get info on setting these things up for optimum performance.

Cheers.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/mattwoodhall/24052006025.jpg

R

ryanwilliams84

Apexi SAFC

hello mate, ive got a An Apexi Safc on my car, if you want to dissconect the unit without having any ideling problems you need to bridge the gap between the 2nd and the 4th pin, you can do it with a paperclip this will restore factory fuel settings, i have all the +/- settings for the whole rev range if your intrested also all manuals in english.
if you need any more details Email me - Turbo_williams@hotmail.com