apexi safc

D

daveb

hi all . if this unit is programmed and mapped out does it keep it memory if battery supply is disconnected for a while . eg if you get a flat battery or you change batteries do you have to get it remaped again. also has the unit got a preset map locked into it ??? thanks :D

Shaun

:D Hi mate,the SAFC2 has it's own internal battery so you will be ok if the battery goes flat,but for how long i'm not sure :wink: As regards having its own map,no mate it doesnt,the reason being that it's a piggy back fuel controller that is used in conjunction with the standard ECU and only alters the AFR signal to increase and decrease the fueling :wink:

D

daveb

thanks so the old type safc will loose the settings thats been put into it ???

Shaun

daveb said:
thanks so the old type safc will loose the settings thats been put into it ???
:D Hi mate,i wouldnt have thought so,as i would be very impractical :wink: I would have thought you would be fine to remove the car battery for a time without loosing your settings.

M

madcabbie

Sort of on topic, I am about to pickup the first old SAFC, and was wondering if these can be tuned to run larger 550cc injectors and Z32 MAF?

Cheers

rayman75

madcabbie said:
Sort of on topic, I am about to pickup the first old SAFC, and was wondering if these can be tuned to run larger 550cc injectors and Z32 MAF?

Cheers
not sure dude but i know safcII can.