Apexi PFC problem?

shane123

I plugged in my PFC and the commander, turned the ignition on to see the commander light up, then I started the engine and it puffed black smoke and struggled to run, and the engine management light was flashing fast? Anyone got any ideas why it's doing this? Plus I noticed on the commander that it wasn't reading any boost or vacuum just flat line, does this have anything to do with it? Cheers Shane

johnny gtir

do you have a det sensor fitted. i was told the fc dose not use it if it picked det up it would retard the ignition and flash light on dash some one will know more than me

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Did you do anything with the PFC before you plugged in in and started the car? - I guess what I'm asking is; does it have a valid map for your car? Are the injectors etc set right?

shane123

I brought this off someone second hand I've been told that it may have a different map but it doesn't explain why it ain't showing the boost gauge on the commander?

johnny gtir

i thought you had it on the car and removed it for safty while the car was off the road or something or while you worked on it. is it off someone elses car what is your set up etc what was theres

shane123

No I brought it off someone and I asked them what they was running but he wouldn't tell me! Any ideas on the boost reading?

P

pulsarboby

why would he not tell you what its been mapped for?

is your boost controller showing boost?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The boost controller is a separate add on to the PFC. You need to disable this facility if it's not installed on your car or it will give all the symptoms you describe.

Jim

johnny gtir

just my opinion if your putting it on etc if your car is useable even if you have more to do whatever your plans i know it costs money but unless your just trying it.take it to somewhere who deals with them get it checked or set up for now. i got one fitted to mine should have standard base map for the pulsar and thought i had problems. thought i had been riped off buy the seller (second hand parts) rang him he swore blind it was ok gave me a number of the tuner who set it up on his car he said it was working fine.the people who fitted it have set up many a pfc no problem. turns out this one tuner was in a different leauge he locked out the standard base map and set up a standard base map of his own as well as another map for this one of a kind pulsar hours later with the laptop and it got its standard pulsar base map back no problems and it has been mapped several times since no problems you just never know my opinion is settings do not touch a couple of preses you could be changing the total wrong thing

stumo

As Jim has said, if you don't have the boost sensor kit fitted and it's not switched off on the PFC it will run like crap and not rev up or drive.

have a look HERE, number 42

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
"If the boost control kit is turned ON and you are not using it (not plugged in) the car will not start" - Or it might start and run like a bag o' shite?

stumo

"If the boost control kit is turned ON and you are not using it (not plugged in) the car will not start" - Or it might start and run like a bag o' shite?
mine always started and it ran like a bag of shite.

you couldn't drive it and it wouldn't rev up either.