Apexi PFC - DIY? or Tuner?

warringtonjack

Hi guys

I have a PFC and was wondering what people's opinions were on tuning them yourselves. What have most people done? And those that have tuned them themselves, how did they find the experience? Or is is better to get it initially set up by a tuner, and then fiddle with it yourself as you upgrade or alter bits n bobs?

Just wondering like innit.

:)

Trondelond

I don't know if I'd want to "fiddle" with it after fitting stuff, as most of the stuff we tend to fit are go-faster-parts which gives you even less room for error. :)

It all comes down to ability, I suppose.

I don't have the balls to do it myself, lol! For a few hundred quid I'd rather having it running spot on and it at it's best rather than blowing it up because of user error!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Its not that hard and good fun if you are into electronics or computers.

You would need a datalogit and a wideband lambda to stand a chance at doing it.

If you need a base map let me know. I've got a few now. If you were still in Warrington you could have popped over.

Most tuners copy over a known base map for your rough spec of car and then tweak it. To get it "spot on" takes blooming ages and can't easily be done by a tuner in 2 hours when most people are only interested in the WOT performance.