apexi or mongoose

williams

got both apexi and a mongoose system when io got my car. anyone got experience with both that can say which 1 is best for power? mongoose has the bigger bore, would be changing the tailpipe though if i kept it as it looks a bit gay, big 5" thing.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I didn't know A'pexi made an exhaust.

What state are they in? I'd be tempted to go with the one that it least rusted and the same bore all the way along... but I'm not a fan of noisy exhausts; they just advertise that you're coming, and I'd prefer they didn't. I think 2.5" all the way along is the sweet-spot, but it might be slightly bigger if you're looking for high power.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If not bigger depending on flow :thumb:

However I never knew Apexi did exhausts for the GTiR?

williams

yeah, 1 of my systems is def apexi, has apexi stamped into it. i'll get some pics up.
both systems are in good condition except the flexi on both of them needs replaced.
apexi looks like 2.5" and the mongoose 3"
the apexi has a large backbox but a nice 4" oval tailpipe, mongoose doesn;t have a backbox and a huge 5" tailpipe.

soin

yeah ive got an apexi back box in the garage , sure its got apexi hypermedallion stamped into the tailpipe , same layout as the standard system , transverse back box , im running a tanabe system at the mo which is identical but has a stumpier tailpipe than the apexi , otherwise they are identical just with different tailpipes .. , its 2 3/4 inch from cat back , not too loud and flows well enough for 411 bhp at 1.4 bar on a 3071 , i do have a custom made 3 inch turbo to cat pipe though.. theyre nice systems .. and not over loud , i like em so much ive got another full system in the garage for when this one rots , im sure theyre mild steel with a stainless backbox