apexi or e manage

Dooie Pop Pop

:lol: well most people know which one id choose. cheap as chips mangy emanage dude iv heard far toooo many stories about the apexi stuff breaking :(

JIMMYBACK

never heard of the apexi stuff breaking but they are only suitable for 350bhp .anything more is a risk :shock: :? :oops:

Gray

E-manage has higher tolerences so can run bigger injectors with an emanage than an apexi

I'd go for emanage although I had an apexi safc2 in my Almera and it was pretty good.

celicaGT4st205

RishiGTiR said:
Which A'PEXi were you refering to...

S-AFC or PowerFC...?

Rishi
I was gonna ask the same thing mate.

S-GTI-R:
The SAFC I wouldnt bother with. However, the Power FC is a standalone fully mappable ECU and can handle anything you throw at it. I would quite happily run 500bhp+ on one if I had the mods to do so.

The E-Manage is a piggyback. I personally say piggybacks are good for circa 350-380bhp max. Thats my preference on them tho.

ashills

[/quote]

The E-Manage is a piggyback. I personally say piggybacks are good for circa 350-380bhp max. Thats my preference on them tho.[/quote]

450+ is no probs on emanage if done properly :wink:

hmmm

Ashills why would you say piggybacks are good for 350-380bhp. Is that to say that they are better than stand alone units at the bhp range? :?

ashills

no i was only quoting what was written above
emanage is a very nice package and has allthe nice bits of teh stanadrad ecu ie cold start, nice everyday running with the mapping capabilities of the standalone unts
and with teh new version of teh emanage we have started testing it has some very cool features like
launch control (2 stage limiter)
can run 2 maps with selector button
revlimiter can be removed if fuel cut based

celicaGT4st205

IIRC E-Manage can only work a certain % over the stock ecu limits. So depending on the limits of the stock ecu fuel maps, thats the rough estimate of the maximum it can safely handle. I know on the GT4, the stock ecu runs out of fuel maps at just over 1.2bar.

Anyone know what the fuel maps on a GTiR ecu max out at?

hmmm

So the stand alones don't have certain features of the Nissan ECU? Like cold starts :?. What other nice bits do piggybacks manage to keep?

Thanks for the info :) .

celicaGT4st205

Re: ...

hmmm said:
So the stand alones don't have certain features of the Nissan ECU? Like cold starts :?. What other nice bits do piggybacks manage to keep?

Yes they do mate. A Power Fc even comes with a base map for the certain vehicle it is made for. On mine for example, all the a/c controls and even the chargecooler. AP Engineering modify certain Power FCs for controls of certain vehicles (chargecooler on gt4 for eg)

pete-r

get an emanage and with the money you save over the power fc buy some water injection.im going for just over 400bhp and the emanage will suffice for this. :D

ashills

Re: ...

hmmm said:

no no oh course the standalones can do cold start etc but can u better what nissan wanted for there car i doubt it
also with emanage u can keep MAF then once that is maxed the ecu swaps to a add on map sensor and then 2bar + is possible (not many mafs can support this higher boost)
i used 700s on my gtir with the emanage and had no idle problems etc and with a bit of tweaking could have well gone for 800s etc

Shaun

:D Hi mate,it all depends on what you want to do and what money you have as for the "350/380bhp MAX"for a piggyback :lol: :lol: Ask Daniel Fennel,Jason Gant and AWD as i beleive they use SAFC's.Crazy and Dooie PopPop with the 'e'manage .The way i see it is that an 'R' running 400bhp on a SAFC2 is not much difference than an 'R' running 400bhp on a Motech other than maybe a little in responce and torque and a large amount of space in you pocket if you go for the latter.Obvously you get what you pay for and the more increments for tunning the safer and smoother the power delivery,but as for saying that the piggybacks are incapeable of delivering good power figures just seems to be a bit narrow minded to me.

celicaGT4st205

Shaun said:
:D Hi mate,it all depends on what you want to do and what money you have as for the "350/380bhp MAX"for a piggyback :lol: :lol: Ask Daniel Fennel,Jason Gant and AWD as i beleive they use SAFC's.Crazy and Dooie PopPop with the 'e'manage .The way i see it is that an 'R' running 400bhp on a SAFC2 is not much difference than an 'R' running 400bhp on a Motech other than maybe a little in responce and torque and a large amount of space in you pocket if you go for the latter.Obvously you get what you pay for and the more increments for tunning the safer and smoother the power delivery,but as for saying that the piggybacks are incapeable of delivering good power figures just seems to be a bit narrow minded to me.
At what boost pressure do they achieve these figures and on what turbos?

Also, at roughly what boost pressure do fuel maps run out at on the standard ecu? Im only asking because the e-manage has a limits depending on the limits of the stock ecu.

Obviously, if on an R the limits will be over 400bhp then fair enough, but I know on a gt4 where the max fuel maps on a stock ecu are 1.2bar ish (300-320bhp) and the max on an gt4 with e-manage is between 1.5-1.6 bar. Wouldnt call it narrow mindness mate. I just didnt think that there would be much difference in max fuel maps on these cars.

Dooie Pop Pop

celicaGT4st205 said:
Shaun said:
At what boost pressure do they achieve these figures and on what turbos?

Also, at roughly what boost pressure do fuel maps run out at on the standard ecu? Im only asking because the e-manage has a limits depending on the limits of the stock ecu.

Obviously, if on an R the limits will be over 400bhp then fair enough, but I know on a gt4 where the max fuel maps on a stock ecu are 1.2bar ish (300-320bhp) and the max on an gt4 with e-manage is between 1.5-1.6 bar. Wouldnt call it narrow mindness mate. I just didnt think that there would be much difference in max fuel maps on these cars.
iirc Ashills ran his at 1.7 bar at totb with no problems at all. not sure if he was running a 9psi actuator though which would have limited the amount of boost he could use. i run my 3071 at 1.4bar and on my dsbc thats 65% over stock boost with a standard actuator which means that at 395bhp iv still got another 35% to play with :twisted: :wink: :lol: past that i dont care atm :lol: dont get me started about torque :lol: