apexi avc-r fitting instructions

S

str_motorsport

hi, i ahve just bought an apexi avc-r, but it is missing the fitting instructions for the solenoid and pressure sensor.
wiring instructions are inlcuded, but i don't know how to connect the solenoid...which hose goes to the wastgate and which comes from the plenum...also where should i connect the pressure sensor?

for the wiring it seems clear, but there is a short orange wire coming out from the harness that has no connectors...i can't find infos on the manual..what is it for?

please help me!
thanks
David

Keira

iirc the orange wire is for the overboost, it connects to a momentary switch, the manuals are all online..cant remember the address, but its been posted on here recently.

dontbe afraid of the search function :wink:

P

PaddyPower

Dude i did i thread the other day called HELP!! it has some good info on there, but noone has told me what the orange wire is for?

ex-gtir

like kieron said the orange wire connects through a momentary switch to earth when you press it it send a earth to controller which sends it into scramble mode
mike

P

PaddyPower

Sorry i didnt mean what does it do, because YES i had read your earlier post. I meant where does it go? Not included in the wireing instructions?

S

str_motorsport

just finisched installing it!
i have found complete fitting instructions on rc website.
i have triple checked all the connections,to be sure....
last question...when using the avc-r do i have to remove the small restrictor that is located on the hose that coes from the manifold to the wastgate?
i have replaced the hoses with the supplied ones...

S

str_motorsport

this is very important....
the standar hose that goes from the plenum to the wastgate had a small restrictor inside....
will i have to remove the restrictor with the avc-r or not????

thanks

A

ard1ey

Take it out, you should replace all the wastegate hoses with new. So you should have a hose from plenum ===> AVC-R solenoid and a hose from AVC-R solenoid ===> wastegate actuator.

The restrictor is to set the standard boost level slightly above the wastegate spring rating. Now you have the AVC-R you don't need it 8) .

Hope that helps