anyone seen these before?

P

pulsarboby

its an exedy clutch with lightweight allie flywheel (all one unit), similar to an os giken assembly but with a paddle plate, instead of the twinplate, looks like a tasty bit of kit though and whole lot weighs less than a standard flywheel.

dont know how much to advertise it for on my site so was wondering what they cost new and what lbft there rated to?
may even keep as a spare for my motor:-D

Last edited by a moderator:

kirko

pulsarboby said:

its an exedy clutch with lightweight allie flywheel (all one unit), similar to an os giken assembly but with an organic plate, instead of the twinplate, looks like a tasty bit of kit though and whole lot weighs less than a standard flywheel.

dont know how much to advertise it for on my site so was wondering what they cost new and what lbft there rated to?
may even keep as a spare for my motor:-D

they are really cheap actually:) i will take it off your hands for peanuts:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

yes it is paul, it came off bartgtirs old car that i partex'd for the red one with karting!
which has now sadly in the hands of the grim reaper. its almost new as the engine was just built only a few months ago.

cant find any details on this kit though

P

pulsarboby

yeah i could find no listing for gtir but doesnt look like the holes have been drilled out:?

its a 6 paddle clutch, not organic as i first thought

it appears to be this one: Exedy Stage 3 Hyper Single Clutch Kit
All Hyper Clutches come with a steel flywheel and a 6-puck disc with cerametallic facing, and a spring center damper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich@Redline

Yeah you're right mate, it's a Hyper single, got the exact same one in my car! Supplied and fitted by the guys at DP Motorsport, I'd have to dig the receipt out but it was over £800 without fitting.

It's the same clutch that they use in Jason Gant's 10 second drag beast.

Rich

P

pulsarboby

yeah i drove car back jim and it does feel like a very nice clutch (aggressive bite point) but without the heaviness of a normal paddle jobbie.

nearest i can describe to is an os giken unit

ashills

think exedy rate them to 450ish wont take the abuse a os twin etc will but a bit nicer on the leg