Anyone moved the airfilter down behind the bumper or fender?

B

beast14

I'm going to do this shortly. Any pics or ideas would help. Maybe like what hose/extension to use to extend to the filter...

need cooler air!.......on a low budget....

GINGA

The aussies do this quite alot seems like a great idea aslong as you don't have to drive in the rain alot which I doubt you see rain that often so can't see it being a problem 8)

Nad

If I can get a feed past the 33 FMIC I was going to do it, but likewise was worried about water, so will have to box it in and just avoid deep puddles.

Nad

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Have seen a mate of mine do this ( but got no pix..yet :roll: ) & as soon as I get my 'R back I'll be doing this ( with pix :wink: ) :

He moved the Jap size battery sidways and up towards the firewall, then using the std intake pipe, rotated it around clockwise (but keep it in the same place i.e keeping the end attached to the turbo at that end) about 110 degrees or so, thereby pointing the filter at the wing and behind the headlight.

( No need to cut anything ; if you're using the std oil breather setup then this pipe now goes into the DV onlet on the intake pipe )

Extend the AFM electrics cable and possibly move shiney injector thing from the firewall further down.

Duct some hose from the brakeduct to the pre-cut hole in the wing and hey presto :!: Job's a good'un :p

Cost : Sweet FA
Just make sure you're competent witha soldering iron :!: :wink:

S

Sunny Nutter

alternatively you can put some ducting into the left hand brake duct and direct the airflow up towards the inlet filter

R

r5ben

did that mod on my old car and it cost me a pistion and liner :? was great when i was not raining though ! :roll:

K

krikra

Only trouble is when its raining heavily.. I will need to make some kind of plate that fits in the brake duct inlet to use when necisary.

donpulsar\
heres a pic of the pipe I made up:

clarkey\
Its a "phoenix power" front mount and I got it from Kendo tuning.. It a little expensive - around 1000£