anyone have a standard valve handy?

R

robinsongtir

basically I have a set of ferrea oversized valves that were custom made for me but I have been having probs I need to find what the size of the small groove at the bottom of stem that holds the collet is in length?? should be between 2 and 5mm?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
This any use to you, I have some spare, just measured one up with a digi vernier guage and did a quick drawing :wink:

R

robinsongtir

nice one steve thanks a lot for that the ferrea valves I have are 2mm across the length of the of the groove at the bottom of the valve so in theory should be just about right assuming this is where you have taken a picture from looks like it anyway??

R

robinsongtir

think I see what the problem with the ferrea valve is now the disance between the bottom of the groove to the bottom of the stem is 3.75mm roughly so there is no way the collets line up if it supposed to be 6mm below the bottom of the groove??
Can you please give me a measurement of the total length of the valve from top to bottom then I can find ouy if they put the groove to far down the stem or if the valve is too short to start with thanks :wink: