Anyone for CNC ported cylinder heads?

Want CNC ported cylinder heads?

• Hell yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

Sirnixalot

This is a reply from a company doing CNC cylinder head porting for the SR20DE head. These guys are good and i have bought my TEC 3 engine managment from them ...good people.

I wanted one of their stage 3 kits. This includes the following.

Level 3
:: Heads Torn Down, Cleaned
:: Check for Cracks and Straightness
:: 5 Angle Valve Job
:: Bronze Guide Liners Sized and installed
:: Bowl Porting
:: New Valve Seals Installed
:: Spring Height Set and assembled- Short Side Radius Work
:: Gasket matched intake and exhaust
:: Full street/strip port

Now seeing as they do not have the valve guides, seals, springs and retainers for our heads i was going to supply them with Tomei goodies to use. They can get the valves custom made from Ferrea.

Their porting would cost around US$1200 (the price of the USDM heads) but seeing as you (or i can arrange something with them) would have to provide the valve guides, seals. springs and retainers (you can choose to keep standard springs and retainers but why??) i would imagine this price being less. There will be shipping involved getting your head to the US and back so thats te main deterent for you guys i think.
h

Nikko I am working on a C&C program for the USDM SR20DE head right now. I am trying to get away from doing hand ported heads due to the time involved. If I could get 8 or more people wanting a ported race head like yours I would do it. As for right now we are several months behind on our cylinder program right now. C&C heads take about a 10th of my time to do once a program has been done off a hand ported head.

I want a CNC'd head so 8 of you lot get off your behinds and help yourself make more power :D